Good morning, GHers!
I hope everyone is well, and feeling a little bit more upbeat about our General Hospital. I don’t know, maybe it’s me, but while watching live on Monday afternoon, just the THOUGHT that Jason was going to see Sam made me feel better! And though it didn’t happen until the last possible moment, it was worth it – and it gave me something to look forward to!
I was a little lost watching yesterday, since I honestly didn’t even have an interest in catching up on the two weeks I’d missed, but I think I am caught up enough to know that everyone else missed one thing also: The fact that Johnny knows about the baby switch!
You know, on Bold and The Beautiful, they use flashbacks a whole lot. The difference is that on B&B, they usually use flashbacks to remind viewers of how people fell in love, how much history they’ve shared, or why they are the root for couple. NOT to remind us that we have seen the same flashbacks of the our least favorite story lines OVER and OVER AGAIN. Oh, how I wish they’d get a clue on how to use flashbacks to their advantage! *sigh*
So, apparently, and according to the flashbacks, Johnny has “men” who were tailing his grandfather’s dead body, which led to the tailing of Heather Webber, which led to the witnessing of Sam’s baby being switched for Tea’s dead baby. *rolling my freakin’ eyes back into my head*
I have to tell you that the thing that bothered me most about this storyline is not even the ridiculousness of this new “development”. It’s the fact that yet one more unforgivable thing is being chalked up to Johnny. I really did love Johnny once. As myopic as Guza’s writing was at times, I always loved that Johnny had been written as a genuine “good guy” with an unfortunate family and an even more unfortunate life path. Johnny’s behavior as of late (since RC) has been anything but that of a “good guy”. In fact, he’s being written as… as…OMG. As another Todd Manning. Someone who does disgusting things that shouldn’t ever be forgiven. I hate it! To think that on top of everything that Johnny has recently done, he is now party to keeping Sam’s baby from her, even though Johnny is still struggling to deal with having grown up without knowing his own real mom! How are we supposed to believe that? I can’t stand it!
Are we also supposed to believe that Todd hasn’t figured out yet that this is possibly the worst kept secret ever, and that he should just confess, ESPECIALLY since he knows that hit man Jason Morgan is actually the baby’s father? Come on! Camp may have been tolerated well on OLTL (or not, as it was canceled) but this is not what GH viewers are used to! I want things to make sense. I want people to use their noodles. I want this terrible storyline to be over!
If only I could believe that Carly might actually hear what the two clowns in her life are talking about! If only Sam could have stumbled upon the hidden camera while Todd was there, and before Johnny found it. If only, if only, if only Baby JJ could count on having his parents come find him sooner, rather than later. *sending subliminal messages to Vicki Dummer* Ha Ha! If only, indeed! 🙂
I know that the Joe, Jr. and Joe, Jr. Jr. storyline was on, but I don’t really know who expects me to have ANY interest in them AT ALL, especially by themselves! These people mean absolutely nothing to me! I paid attention to the Kate and Sonny scenes because he’s Sonny, for goodness sake! I just want Kate to find out the truth about her son just so that it can play out and he can be off…out of town and off my screen! 🙂
For me, The Beauty of GH came magnificently in the moments where Jason reminded Carly and all of us that he still knows his Fair Samantha better than anyone. There was no fooling him on Sam wanting a new start and leaving her PI Business behind! I loved that moment of recognition on Jason’s face, and I loved that we can all see that Jason is worried about Sam being involved with Todd Manning (as he should be).
I only wish that Jason and Sam would put as much energy into talking to each other as they have into talking about each other to others! My goodness! I just want to scream at how much time and effort they are wasting when they could be using both to get themselves back on track, and back together, so that they can go after their baby boy together, even if they didn’t know Jason was the father right away! Is this too much to ask?
All of this partner swapping and bed hopping that was the norm on OLTL is the laziest possible approach to keeping GH on air! Give us the stuff that soap history is made of! Love, Romance and Adventure shared by a couple with a once-in-a-lifetime kind of love!
I cannot stand when people say that happily married and starting a family has to mean the end for a couple on a soap. Just recently in her Michael Fairman interview, Vicki Dummer talked about growing up on GH and being a huge fan! But guess who she said she scheduled her life around? Luke and Laura. You know that couple who got married in 1981, and then went on to have an AMAZING run as Daytime’s First Authentic Supercouple! I wish Ms. Dummer would order her EP and HW to get busy writing the kind of story that should come next for a Love Story as huge and as EPIC as Jason and Sam’s!
To say that happy is boring to a soap couple is the same as saying creativity is hard work on a soap! It’s LAME and just Does. Not. Make. Sense. Luke and Laura got twenty years of story as Mr. & Mrs. Sure, it wasn’t all sunshine and rainbows, but it was all togetherness, and because of it, they have an eternal place in SOAP HISTORY, and even though they haven’t been together on show in a decade, Luke and Laura are still the couple that keeps on giving to storyline and to the future of Port Charles through their children, and their connections, and their History.
I want the new team to recognize that they don’t seem to know General Hospital as well as they say they do. If they did, Jason and Sam would be gearing up to hit the road TOGETHER, in spite of their hurts and heartaches, in search of their baby boy, and giving us LOVE IN THE AFTERNOON along the way as they faced every danger and adventure as a team!
GET IT TOGETHER, MISTERS CARLIVATI AND VALENTINI!
You won’t be sorry!
I am counting on you guys to help get the message across…Let’s strike while the memories of Classic Love in The Afternoon are fresh on TPTB’s minds!
Your Daily Inspiration: Jason & Sam Make Love 9/29/11 (Because this ALWAYS inspires me!) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAYv-KN09K0 Credit: ashleycramni
If any couple could possibly match the magic found with Luke and Laura, JaSam IS IT!
THIS DAY IN JASAM HISTORY
2004: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EIR8MjFxpk Credit: luckiBelle (I have always loved Sam and Monica scenes!)
2009: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urLP8fVWi94 Credit: kjewel13
2010: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zt0ip59vl-0 Credit: AddictiveSoapCouples
2006: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bUIGvWid60 jasam4everbaby
2009: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkBgYG3NCHE Credit: daysfann
Good morning, GHers!
Only LOVE could make me watch GH in its entirety on YT! And it wasn’t even LOVE for the show, because I don’t have that anymore…it was LOVE for you guys.
The second I saw Todd in that Friday the 13th mask, I was reminded of why I had told myself last Friday that I needed to find something else to do at 3 pm this week. Ugh…
So many people in Port Charles have been “dumbed down”, that I just don’t understand how anything gets accomplished, or how anyone is successful! Certainly, I could say to just about everyone there, you’re “Not Using The Smarts God Gave You”…
- Kristina is every parent’s nightmare. Sure, all kids her age make stupid mistakes and make parents worry for a while about whether or not they are going to throw their lives away, but Kristina has made this her career choice, now that she’s no longer interested in fashion. *rolling my eyes* It’s as if she only knows how to make stupid choices, and pick the worst possible guys. She is ungrateful to her parents, and selfish to boot! Sonny was so right, except for the fact that he thinks it’s “right now” when he told her you’re “Not Using The Smarts God Gave You”… This is not some new stage Kristina is going through. This is her M.O.
- I feel as though Lulu has reverted right back to her very own post-high-school days. Her maturity level is at about the same as Kristina’s. I am not sure that Lulu fully understands that marriage is a little different than dating, and that it takes understanding, communication and trust. While I get that Dante is acting a little caveman-ish, I also think we’ve gotta give credit where it is due. Dante knows that Johnny is living a dangerous life, and that he is even a little more unstable than usual after Anthony’s death. I could see why that in and of itself might be a problem for Dante when it comes to his wife being business partners with Johnny. Add to that the fact that he walked in on what he did, and who can blame him for being a bit ticked. Lulu not getting that, and allowing him to just leave without making a better attempt that just saying his name three times shows me it’s true: Lulu, you are so “Not Using The Smarts God Gave You”…
- While I admit that I have always been “behind” Johnny, I can tell you that anyone in Port Charles who follows suit is about to look like and feel really, really foolish! It amazes me that all of these usually smart women are backing Johnny so easily and with apparently no misgivings. Ladies, you are collectively “Not Using The Smarts God Gave You”…
- I think you guys know that I could not stand the character of Steven Lars when he last came to town in 2004. The actor back then annoyed the bejesus out of me. This time when Steven Lars came to town, known only as “Steve”, and played by the actor who once played my beloved Ryan McNeil, I decided to give him a chance, even though he was related to “Peanut”. *gag* So, now it’s not the actor who annoys the bejesus out of me. It’s the character! How can someone smart enough to make it through medical school be so freakin’ stupid that they cannot see that Heather is still certifiably insane! Steve, you surely are “Not Using The Smarts God Gave You”… Everyone else can see that your mother’s behavior is completely off, except for you! Too bad that the women in your life keep paying the high price of your brainless stupor! If only Liz could be the next one to piss Heather off!
- Oh, Lord. Why must we watch Todd listen to Heather talk about how “She Knows What He Did Last Spring” EVERY. SINGLE. FREAKIN’, DAY??? Especially when onscreen it’s been the same day for weeks now! How is it that Todd Manning has become to feeble-minded that he does not see that a) Heather really is a crazy bitch, and b) She is never going to stop finding something to hold over his head, or “she’ll tell the world what the did with Sam’s baby”? I mean, really – Todd being at her beck and call for everything and anything is just ridiculous! Todd, you idiot, you are shamefully “Not Using The Smarts God Gave You”… Todd should just put them both, Luke, and all of us, out of this MISERY and go to the police. I’d bet that even Todd’s worst lie would be more believable than Heather’s best lie! AND I WANT THEM TO GIVE SAM HER BABY BACK!
- The dynamic duo of Frank Valentini and Ron Carlivati was given the task of keeping GH on the air. I so often wonder about their strategy, as there is currently absolutely nothing that resembles LOVE IN THE AFTERNOON in the 3 pm EST time slot for ABC. It has been replaced by what seems to be a fraternity of rapists, women who have lost all common sense, men who have lost the thing that makes them men, and there isn’t a rootable couple, or even more than a couple of rootable characters to get excited about. Why do they think that we would care about characters who mean little or nothing to us? Trey, Joe, Jr., Todd, McBain, Starr? Why not stop using those characters to piss us off and alienate us from the fictional town we’ve loved to hang out in for so many years? Why not respect our show for what it was, and stop making it into what theirs was, with all the cheating, and fighting, and CAMP? Why not make our show better, instead of trying to make their show ours? Hey, Terrible Two: You are totally “Not Using The Smarts God Gave You”…or you would realize that your theory that “happiness doesn’t interest viewers” is shot to hell! More importantly, you’d realize that this is about more than just you guys trying to keep your jobs. To us, this is about saving such an important part of our daily lives; such a huge part of our culture. GH is life Family. Stop messing with it!
Good Morning, GHers!
I am almost sure that just like me, you have heard that SECRETS HAVE A WAY OF GETTING OUT, especially when they are most inconvenient.
Take Johnny. If anyone’s got a load of secrets, it’s The Mob Prince himself. The worst thing that could possibly happen to a guy with secrets, and a habit of seeing and talking to dead people (he happens to be responsible for killing), is a hidden camera trained on his every word and deed. I mean NOTHING good can come from this! Yup, SECRETS HAVE A WAY OF GETTING OUT, especially when the camera is constantly rolling.
Heather Webber may have scored herself some huge points with her boss with the Johnny Cam, but she also scored some major attention from the police based on the fact that she’s known by Anna to be a LOON, first and foremost, and totally obsessed with Luke to boot. Put those two things together and you’ve got the perfect motive for removing Anthony’s dead body from the Quartermaine patio and “planting” it elsewhere. SECRETS HAVE A WAY OF GETTING OUT when you’re so crazy you’ve earned your own ringtone, and especially when your secrets are hanging out of your purse!
Speaking of crazies and ringtones, Todd Manning isn’t too far behind Heather, but where as Heather may be criminally insane, Todd is insanely criminal! How dare Todd say that he wants to help Sam in every possible way, and still refuse to tell her that her baby is alive?!? I just don’t get it, and I just don’t think I will EVER be able to forgive him! Todd, more than anyone, should know that SECRETS HAVE A WAY OF GETTING OUT, especially when you have to face the terrible damage you’ve done to someone daily as she brings you your coffee.
Oh, Lord. Stupidity grates on my nerves. Always has. Unfortunately, there is no better word to describe this storyline surrounding our Jason and Sam. One year ago this week, TODAY, IN FACT, Jason was fighting to convince Sam to become his wife. Anyone else remember Jason nearly pleading with Sam to marry him, because it was “no longer enough to say the words anymore? He wanted to PROVE IT TO HER!” *crying through the flashbacks* Still, Jason had to do two things before he could convince her: 1) Make Sam believe that taking that step would not mean that she would lose what they had, and 2) Assure Sam that she would have him, every day, for the rest of his life. Do the writers expect us to believe that Jason made those promises so lightly that he’s forgotten them? Or that Jason doesn’t know how to fight for the woman he loves? Perhaps RC doesn’t know that Jason, but it’s his job to know, because WE know, and hopefully have been diligent in telling RC! Still, he is determined to shove this unrecognizable Jason down our throats. The one who bemoans the loss of his wife when she’s not there, and then lets her walk away when she is standing right in front of him?!? The one who says ridiculous things like, “I’ve been honest, can you say the same to me?” Oh Jason Morgan, give me a freakin’ break! You told Michael about Sam kissing McBain, but failed to mention that you ran and kissed Liz! How was that honest? And you didn’t tell Sam, she just happened to get an earful! Yeah, SECRETS HAVE A WAY OF GETTING OUT when your wife overhears Lizzie’s brother trying to keep his sister from dropping her panties for yet another emotionally unavailable man! NOT because you told Sam your secret yourself, so please!
I AM A JASAM FAN. TRULY & TOTALLY. I love BOTH characters!
But RC isn’t writing Sam in character either! From the beginning of this McBain, a.k.a. “shove OLTL’s hero down our throats” storyline, Sam has been acting like someone else! Sam would never be confiding in a cop about anything! She would not be turning to another man about her rape, or her husband’s reaction to it, nor would she be “needing” him there when she read the new paternity results! Come on! I guess, like with Jason, he expects us to forget that even before Dante was known as a cop, Sam shut him down when he started digging with a “Cute, but no that cute.” Sam is fiercely loyal. so this crap hs never washed. But having Sam make out with McBain was all kinds of wrong. I will shout that from the mountaintops. What I will not do, however, is lay blame at her feet that does not belong there. I really took issue with a few people’s POV on Twitter yesterday. For those who were calling Sam a hypocrite, I am going to need some clarification. Uuum…it was Jason who told Sam he wasn’t going to give up on her or their marriage when Sam said what they had was broken, not Sam. So, though kissing John was wrong, wrong, wrong, the hypocrite is Jason for saying e would fight and not give up, and then turning around to do just that – and then kissing Liz! For those who thought Sam had no business being upset about hearing that Jason had kissed Liz, get the hell outta here! For all of Jason’s whining that he “doesn’t know whether or not Sam still loves him“, Sam told him that she not only does, but that she always would! How could he, pr anyone, expect her to react to the news as though she is made of steel and shouldn’t feel anything? Her guilt doesn’t lessen the pain! And finally, for those who took issue with Sam’s not coming clean to Jason about her kiss with McBain at Jason’s mention of his name, I wonder just how many of them would have confessed to their husbands in the presence of Saint Liz, the patron saint of One Night Stands! I know I wouldn’t have! Why would Sam? So that St. Liz could look down from the pedestal she dug out of the garage and dusted off for this very occasion, and prescribe Sam’s penance, which would be to have to endure knowing that Jason was offered relief sex? I wouldn’t admit to my weight in Liz’s presence! Yet, SECRETS HAVE A WAY OF GETTING OUT when the devil himself – or in this case, herself, is there to pick them up and use them against you!
I will never understand how Jason could honestly stand there, after seeing Sam’s reaction, after hearing the hurt in her voice at him not wearing his ring anymore, and watch her walk away, and think, “It’s better this way.”
W. T. F!!! I am convinced that Jason’s balls were crushed to smithereens by the protocol medicine Robin made for him, because nothing else could explain this showing of female parts (or, *clears throat*, the one female part.)
Jason has got to get the hell away from Liz and her pseudo-benevolence and fake support that nearly choked her, and he needs to get in Sam’s face and fight like the mobster he is! He better break into her room at Alexis’ and make her listen. Or track her ass down, tie her to the back of his bike, and drive her to their cabin and not let her go, until he has shown her all the ways that he loves and misses her!
First, he better put his wedding ring back on and remember the vows they said to each other as they exchanged those rings. You don’t get to enjoy more than fifty years of marriage by approaching it like a wuss! Then maybe Jason (and RC) should sit and watch This Day in JaSam History, like the rest of us. We, and more importantly, Sam, need THAT Jason back!
Holding on tightly (to Jason’s neck!),
Today’s Inspiration: “JaSam: Love’s Holiday” http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j643a30Wogk Credit: lalachik
This Day In JaSam History:
2004: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DnPf6rirSA Credit: luckiBelle
2005: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EssmfRc6tTk Credit: NickyM96
2010: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJsoGmeJwt4 Credit: AddictiveSoapCouples
2012: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88yLT-SqX6I Credit: luckiBelle
Good morning, GHers.
For give me for posting later than usual. Sleep won out, and as you guys know, that’s such a rare occurrence, I wouldn’t dream of fighting it! 🙂
I think that we can all agree that in Life, everything has a cost, and There Is Always A Price To Pay.
For Maxie and Patrick, their choices while Robin was in their world still weigh heavily on them. Every wrong choice and every careless word or action seems to have a cost attached that both feel they still have to pay for. Guilt is a terrible thing, isn’t it? In trying to deal with their guilt and their loss, both Maxie and Patrick have made some really bad choices – Maxie by going to prison, and Patrick – apparently by turning to drugs for help. I hate to say this, but I am just so happy to see Patrick and Emma back on screen, that I am excited to see this play out, even though as a father and a doctor, we know There Is Always A Price To Pay. We will just have to hope that whatever the price is, it won’t come at Emma’s expense. Emma is finally getting some girly influence in her life once more that doesn’t need to come from Liz, and I think that Emma will be just as good for Maxie as Maxie is for her.
Todd Manning has a lot more patience than I do – who would’ve thunk it? I am so tired of Heather using that “What she knows” threat to get everything she wants! When will Todd figure out Heather is a psychotic bitch, and that while with blackmail There Is Always A Price To Pay, he has already paid way too much! He has to know that this is going to cost him way more than he anticipated, and in the end, it will still probably cost him everything and everyone that’s important to him! Spin said that Todd relocated to Port Charles because he had become a pariah in Llanview. I hope Todd is already looking for his next place to call home…that is, if he makes it out alive.
Sonny has me feeling completely out of sorts! He has been so supportive and understanding of Kate and Connie, and everything that happened with Joe, Jr. that I am really impressed. Sonny has had to deal with the knowledge that his life choices, even back in Bensonhurst, spilled irrevocable consequences into then Connie’s life that changed her quite literally into someone not even she recognized. This reminds Sonny that even when we aren’t aware of it, There Is Always A Price To Pay for the life we choose to live, and the people we choose to live it with. Sonny has taken responsibility for his hand in what happened to Connie/Kate, and has been unmovable. If the writers were aiming to redeem Sonny for some of the horrible things he’s done in the recent past, I give them a gold star for their efforts! Sonny has been a rock for Kate, and he is trying to be a good friend to Jason as well. I keep wondering if Jason will get a clue from Sonny about how to show love and support for the woman you love while she is dealing with a crisis, considering all of the parallels between their situations, but no such luck.
I was hoping that Patrick would tell Jason that his tests indicated some kind of “anomaly” that might explain why he has become this bumbling, whining idiot, who keeps spilling his suddenly yellow guts in the direction of the chick who specializes in bed pans. Jason is feeding a beast that lurks right beneath the surface with Liz. A beast that seems to feed on his vulnerability and pain, and gets stronger and bolder as he seems to get weaker and more hurt. A beast even her big brother recognizes. If you watched Liz in action, she is already rearranging her interests and life in order to be more available to Jason, should he need to discuss his “unimaginable pain” with her, hopefully after he’s knocked back a few shots of some numbing medicine, otherwise known as hard liquor. *someone grab me one of her bed pans as I feel the need to hurl* Liz has suddenly forgotten what Ewan looks like without a shirt, and has satisfied her want of his attentions simply because Ewan is now showing interest, and more importantly, because Jason is not. She always wants what she cannot have. I am thrilled that even for Liz, There Is Always A Price To Pay. She can play innocent, understanding, ministering angel all she wants. Not even Saint Liz can avoid paying the price. I just hope it’s a hefty one.
If Jason is not careful, he is going to continue to pay the price for making emotional decisions, as he told Sonny. I am not sure how he hasn’t figured out yet that the only time on his life that emotional decisions have paid off is when they involved him and Sam, and no one else. What if Jason stopped feeling sorry for himself, and stopped sharing his hurt feelings with the one woman who always has the power to multiply his mistakes, and instead focused on letting Sam know that he is never going to stop fighting for their love? What if he called her just to hear her voice, or sent her flowers just to let her know that she is on his mind? Jason is wasting time and energy that he could be using to fight for Sam. My grandpa used to say that There Is Always A Price To Pay for wasting time. Let’s just keep our fingers crossed that Jason doesn’t pay the ultimate price-which would be to lose the love of his life.
Sam and Spin, or McCall & Jackal (I hate that they never changed the name on the door!) are my bright spot on an otherwise dreary PC landscape! I love their scenes when they are working hard to solve a case, especially when this one could lead to bringing Baby JJ home! I get that Sam is totally throwing herself into her work, because the alternative would be to throw herself headfirst into despair over losing her son. I so get that. We can all appreciate how much Sam has grown and learned over the years in that this time, her indescribable loss didn’t push Sam towards self-destruction or wanting to destroy others. Sam has learned that There Is Always A Price To Pay when you lose sight of the consequences to your actions, and therefore, is using all of her energy at work. I am proud of her! Sam’s instincts are on high, because without realizing it, she is working off the “scent” her baby left behind. Imagine the payoff when Sam realizes her instincts were right on! Imagine the gratitude Jason will feel when he realizes how hard Sam fought for their baby. From. Day. One.
Imagining those two moments are what keeps me going through this dark, dreary summer in Port Charles.
I hope they keep you going, too!
Daily Inspiration: “Unbelievable” http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdrzfH9PSWo Credit: xanda0627
Have a wonderful day!
By now, I hope you’ve all gone over to Facebook to tell them who your favorite GH couple us and why. If not, here is the link: https://www.facebook.com/generalhospital/posts/10150930992478731 There are several Jizzers who post every couple of pages…so sad. *shakes head*
The saying “The Truth Shall Set You Free” is something we’ve all heard throughout our lives. My grandpa always said that there was never a circumstance where the truth wasn’t better than a lie, even if you can’t see it at the time. There have been times in life when I’ve seen people crushed by a truth and questioned that certainty, as in some of those times, the truth has ripped someone’s heart out, or was cruel, or at least I thought, was unnecessary. However, I would have to agree with my grandpa that is does set you free…whether you want it to or not.
For Kate and even Connie, the truth is the only thing that shall set her free from the terrible guilt she is carrying for thinking she murdered Cole and Hope, and yet the one person who can give her that truth is Johnny. Oh, how I struggle with loving Johnny one minute and wanting to whack him myself the very next! Until Kate can remember that Johnny asked Connie to take the blame for shooting out Anthony’s tires, the blame and the guilt will be her burden to carry. And Johnny knows this. *sigh* I know that Johnny thinks he has truly learned his lesson about being consumed with trying to hurt Sonny and the collateral damage it causes, but while that’s a step int he right direction, it’s not enough! Kate has been through so much – and just found out that she went through so much more she didn’t even recall. She is dealing with so many things she feels so guilty about! Johnny owes it to Kate to sit her down and say, “The Truth Shall Set You Free”, and then give her the truth she needs.
Perhaps then Johnny will stop being haunted by all of the people whose lives he took because of hatred and anger. While he thinks that giving Carly his very best from here on out, and while he is working so hard to give Starr A life back now that he’ stolen the one she had and loved, he still feels imprisoned by his oh-so-guilty about the things he’s done. It’s why he cannot shake the hauntings from Anthony and Hope! Johnny needs to realize that his only hope for any real peace is that “The Truth Shall Set You Free”.
Sonny continues to move heaven and earth to protect Kate. Too bad he has cried “Wolf!” one too many times when it comes to Johnny being responsible for something terrible, especially since this time Johnny really is the wolf. The Big, Bad One. Dante is riding Sonny about coming clean about Kate, but I have to say, that I am not sure I would trust Dante either if I were Sonny. Last time Sonny trusted him with the truth about Michael’s guilt, he found out that “The Truth Shall Set You Free” isn’t always…TRUE.
I have always liked Luke and Tracy. Honestly, I have always liked the Tracy part of Luke & Tracy more, and never thought he deserved her love and devotion, but she loves the big lug! I really wish Luke didn’t find it so easy to break Tracy’s heart. In fact, it’s the one thing I have always resented most about Luke – his ability to hurt people so easily. I know that Luke was on his way to tell Tracy the truth about him and Anna, but dammit! He could not have honestly believed that the whole “The Truth Shall Set You Free” thing would have applied here! I am actually thinking that Luke deserved that little “time out” with crazy ass Heather! I hope that whatever “Hot Stuff” she has planned with him will make him realize that his life is full of MISERY without his Spanky Buns!
There were so many times I winced at Tracy’s self-assuredness about Luke while going head to head with Anna. Every time she told Anna that Luke was “not that into her”, I cringed! But I think the worst moment had to be when Tracy remembered that she found Anna in Luke’s bed that morning, and the whole truth of the situation began to dawn on her, bit by awful bit. I thought even Anna regretted taking it upon herself to try to convince Tracy that “The Truth Shall Set You Free”. Too bad it was too late. 😦
When I think of “The Truth Shall Set You Free”, I cannot help but think of our beloved Jason and Sam. That saying could not possibly apply more, could it? So many of the things that are tearing and keeping them apart are things based in lies and untruths! Each little lie that Jason and Sam believed has pushed them further and further apart, from Baby JJ’s paternity to the belief that he died that stormy night, and every other lie in between! I am committed to letting TPTB know that I am barely hanging on here. I tell them all of the things I am missing between the BEST COUPLE on Daytime, and I also let them know that this storyline has completely bored me to tears!
I am hoping that this time, “The Truth Shall Set Us ALL Free!”
Hanging in because of all of you,
I had to take the day off from blogging yesterday because my hubby took the day off to spend time with us, and since our beloved JaSam were not on, I didn’t think you guys would miss me.
It reached a scorching 98 here yesterday! I am hoping that wherever you are, you are staying cool and comfortable.
You know, the topic of what friends are for was on my mind yesterday afternoon. (Wonder why…) It seems some people use the term without really knowing the answer. So, when I went back to watch the show on YT, I wondered throughout…“Is That What Friends Are For?”
Johnny continues to spiral down to new depths of low, and it really saddens me. Johnny’s appeal for me was always the fact that he refused to be like the rest of the power hungry insane on his family tree. That was then. Now Johnny proves almost daily that the bad, rotten apple doesn’t fall far from the family tree, after all. Johnny has convinced cynical Carly that he has been honest with her since she gave him a second chance. He has her believing that he can be all she needs and wants him to be. He has even managed to make her believe that her daughter is safe in getting to know him and possibly forming an attachment to him. I wonder what Jax would say or do if he knew that his precious Joss is forming connections with yet another mobster. *sigh* Surely, in order for the relationship to truly blossom between Carly and Johnny, there has to be a foundation of trust. In fact, the same things that one would look for in a friendship would have to be part of this thing between them. I just have to ask myself, when Carly finds out the gruesome and appalling truth about Johnny, will she question every decision she made while sleeping with him? I would think so. Johnny has kept secrets and lied to Carly all along. Is That What Friends (Or Lovers) Are For? Considering it’s Carly, the answer may surprise us.
I have a confession to make. I have to swallow my resentment every time I see Dr. Ewan working with Kate, and especially with Sonny. Why? Because I get that FV and RC believe in torturing couples, but guess what? Sonny and Kate look tortured to me! However, they are being tortured together, and they are handling this torture as a couple – a united front – a team. The amazing thing to me is that if anyone had told me that both Sonny and Jason would be facing the same nightmare (coincidence in story lines, or just lazy writing? Hmmm…) in that the women that each of them loved was raped, and impregnated by their rapist, I would have instantly felt sorry for Kate. I would totally have expected Sonny to be the one to take it badly, to break down, to not be able to see himself able to get past it. To abandon Kate emotionally while he was consumed by his own emotions. I would have thought that Sonny would have been the one to allow Kate to walk out and away from their life together rather than being a willing participant in getting her help and trying everything to save their relationship – especially in the form of a shrink. Boy, was I wrong. (Well, technically, the writers are wrong, but anyway…) Sonny has been completely incredible throughout this ordeal for Kate. For as much hemming and hawing as he did in the beginning when he had trouble believing she was sick, Sonny slipped into the role of supporter and friend the way I assumed Jason would have. *shakes head* The way Sonny has held Kate’s hand, whispered encouragement and acceptance, and shown his love for her has been more than commendable. It has been downright beautiful. Is That What Friends (Or Lovers) Are For? Hell yes!
Luke Spencer has always had friends in high places, and he has always had friends in low places. What he probably was not coating on was that he had a friend in a crazy place. Heather wanted her man to know that she “took care of everything”. While Luke had to work out the particulars with Heather, he finally understood that Heather got rid of the body, thinking that she was helping keep Luke out of prison and available to her. Oh! Is That What Friends Are For? Luke really needs to work a little harder on making Heather feel appreciated, because she didn’t seem convinced. I think she wanted to beat him over the head with the fact that she did it all for him! Didn’t he get that? *rme* While I will concede that Robin Mattson plays crazy with the perfect balance of over the top and cool as a cucumber, I really wish that someone would finally out an end to this woman’s reign of terror.
Enter McCall & Jackal. First of all, how wonderful was it to see Spin and Sam working together again? It did my heart good to see Sam finally have some support from someone who loves both her and Jason! Spin loves Sam, but he also holds Jason in the highest regard. He wants what is best for the both of them, and I believe that he will work tirelessly to remind them both of how much they had to overcome to find one another, and Love, again. I have to believe that Spin won’t let them lost all they found. Not again. Is That What Friends Are For? YES! YES! YES! Thank goodness Sam is finally being afforded a friend during this terrible time in her life! It also did my heart good to hear that the subject of Heather was first and foremost on their radar. I am hoping against all hope that this latest case they are taking on together will lead to finding out the truth about our Baby JJ!
Based on the conversations on Twitter since Tuesday night, I thought I would tune in Thursday and watch a show that would have me going to the cabinet for anti-anxiety meds. Yet, I have to tell you that there wasn’t even enough in those scenes to change my heart rate. *yawn* What I did see was yet another pointless scene that didn’t really make sense when you know the recent trajectory of the characters involved. In a million years, neither Ron Carlivati nor Frank Valentini would be able to explain to me why Jason would go knock on Liz’s door to talk about his love for Sam, and his fear over the possibility of losing her, other than to make most of giggle at the irony of it all. Why wouldn’t he go to Carly, or Michael, or Monica? *shrugs*
As out of place as those scenes were, they did reinforce what we already know:
- Liz feels compelled to make every conversation she has with Jason somehow tie into Jake. It’s her go-to conversation each and every time. It’s as if she must try to remind Jason that they “had a connection” at every turn, and it always, ALWAYS sounds manipulative to me. Liz cannot have it both ways. She is either there for Jason as a friend, or she tries to hold onto what they had – which let’s face it: what they had was Jake. Jason was there in agony over his wife, hurting enough already. Why keep dragging out the “Jake card” to add to his guilt and pain? Is That What Friends Are For? Not in my book!
- Jason still desperately loves his wife, as he told Liz in plain english.In fact, Jason is single-mindedly All. About. Sam. So much so that even when Liz tried to absolve Jason of all wrongdoing and guilt by trying to blame Sam for what happened to the baby (I could have smacked some color into her pale face when she made the comment about the planter!), Jason reiterated that Sam wasn’t to blame; he was. (I am keeping track of the points he is earning with me) He is devastated about the choices that led to them being apart, and he wants their life back – the life they had when they started that journey together as husband and wife. I actually felt something close to love again when Jason was reminiscing to Liz about his wedding day! He remembered the smile on Sam’s face – how happy they were…how perfect things were! And he said it all to the woman he never married. I really do believe that Liz heard something else, as it caused her to move in and hang onto him like a freakin’ deer tick! It’s why her comment to Jason about that being what friends are for really irked me. She is on a different wavelength as Jason. She is listening for ways to blame Sam instead of genuinely listening for ways to help out a friend. And if anyone missed her transparent, “You know you can come to me for anything,“ get your Ho Radar fixed! What I heard was something dangerously close to the invitation Dolly Parton issued in “The Best Little Whorehouse In Texas.” Liz is hoping and praying that Jason’s anguish and heartbreak will lead to another drunken night of vulnerability. Now, I ask, “Is THAT What Friends Are For?” I guess it depends on the establishment (see above reference).
Friends, I hope we can keep our eyes on the prize here. We have got to help our fellow JaSammers to stop melting down over the possibility of Jiz scenes. Really, the only people who should have been upset by Jason going to see Liz after trying to support Sam at the baby’s funeral, are the fans who are obviously not over Jason not going to Jake’s service. It seems that we were right in that the deepest connection two people can share is LOVE. Babies should be a product of that LOVE, not the other way around. This is where Liz, and the fans of that pairing get it twisted. This is why we have got to make sure we aren’t wasting any time or energy causing “buzz” over nothing.
Especially when all that time and energy can be used more wisely, as in supporting our couple! Let’s keep reminding each other of that! “Is THAT What Friends Are For?”
Have a great weekend, everyone!
A little inspiration to take with: “When A Man Loves A Woman” http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0rD-ye0HUg Credit: jmsg411
Good Morning, GHers!
Thanks to all of you who left words of encouragement for our Sweet Sarah! I hope she feels surrounded by all of us, even if only in spirit!
We Love You, Sarah!
Todd Manning is looking to put down ROOTS in Port Charles, but that only means that a whole lot of weeds for PC’s residents! Todd has nothing good or noble to add to the landscape of our favorite fictional town! I mean, he was only passing through, and look at all the damage and heartache he’s caused already! 😦 I wish he would take his newspaper, his abs, and his daughter and hightail it back to Llanview! Like yesterday!
Heather is pure evil, but other than Olivia, the viewers must be the only ones who see it! Is Steven really this clueless about his crazy mother? I don’t even get it! There is no reason that Steven would feel the kind of bond with Heather that might make him show this much faith in her. I just don’t get it! The only ROOTS Heather has ever cultivated in PC are those of insanity and danger. Why is it so hard for people who know this about her to imagine that she might go off the rails again?
Let’s just hope this time, Olivia isn’t her next victim. Liv is getting dangerously close to to ending up like Maggie – especially with words like “nut job” flying around! Luckily for Liv, Spin seems to have returned to his PI ROOTS with a renewed sense of urgency, and hopefully, he will turn up more than whatever root-less things Heather has “planted” out there on the country road.
So Luke and Anna completely eschewed both of their romantic ROOTS in order to hook up like it was 1979! They were barely even awkward around each other the morning after, as Luke was sitting there watching her sleep, and then making mention of their “dirty deed” without either of them blushing! I know there are those who think Anna and Luke are just wrong because of Robert and Laura, but you know what? I disagree. Robert and Laura are their past, not their present, or their future (based on all current indicators!) AND…If there must be a triangle, I am so glad it includes these three, and not a currently married couple!
Although I will say that I feel badly that Tracy is going to be hurt once more because of her love for Luke. 😦 Tracy has proven herself to be more than Luke deserves, as she loves him unconditionally, no matter what she says! It makes me sad to see that Tracy really only has Luke – and well, apparently now Alice, to lean on. The Quartermaines used to have the strongest, most widespread ROOTS of any family in Port Charles, now this once great family has withered way to almost nothing. I wish the writers would come up with a way to turn that around!
I guess the best way to turn that around and to keep the Quartermaine Family ROOTS growing is to add to the Family Tree. The writers did that by making sure that Jason, Jr. is alive, even if they had to tear his poor mother’s heart out in the process. Poor Sam, having to endure another loss, another service to say goodbye to her child, another funeral, another attempt to pick up the pieces of her shattered heart. (I must say that not only do I believe the writers see Sam as a strong woman, I think they see Kelly as the strong actress she is. As much as we all hate this storyline, it has given Kelly opportunity after opportunity to show off her incredible talent. She had me tearing up from the moment she walked into the cemetery, and it only got worse from there! Kelly is an outstanding actress, and I am so proud to be her fan!)
I have to admit that there is something I must give the writers props on, and that is that we got to see, throughout the entire episode, that Sam has put down and cultivated her own set of ROOTS in Port Charles. I love that the writers allowed Sam to be supported by so many, and not just her family – even though I adore Davis Girls scenes. Sam has lived and worked in this town for almost ten years! It would only make sense that there would be people who get her loss, and wanted to be there to support her! I thought the scenes between Spin and Sam were heartwarming and sweet. Spin telling Sam that he loved her and was sorry felt perfectly right, and made sense. Having Michael want to be there for Sam, and telling her that she would have been a great mother were touching and warm, and really reminded us that Michael would know, as Sam has been such a presence in Michael’s life. The scenes with Carly caught me completely off guard, and left me weeping! While Carly and Sam have never been BFF’s, I am glad the writers chose to show us that no matter what, they do share a connection. Sam needed all the support she could get, and deserved all the support she got, and more.
Because of his family and friends, Jason Morgan has among the strongest and far-reaching ROOTS of anyone in PC. He is connected in some way to just about every family, and everyone. However, as we heard him talking about those connections with Michael yesterday, one thing was quite clear: Jason has no deeper ROOTS than the ones connecting his heart to Sam’s. I will be the first to say what an ass Jason has been throughout this outrageous storyline, but I cannot ignore that Jason seems to be unable to thrive without his wife. I was so thankful for his conversation with Michael, because it was good for me to hear that Jason understands why Sam cannot let him back into her heart right now. It was also good to hear Michael being the voice of reason, and telling Jason what all of us would have been screaming at the TV had he not. Michael telling Jason that what Sam said, was not necessarily what she needed, was something I’ll be grateful to Michael for, for a long time! Perhaps hearing it from the first child Jason ever held was the secret to Jason finally putting his fears and his feelings aside for the woman whose heart is breaking over the child she believes she will never hold again. I am so glad that Jason finally got out of his own way and showed up for Sam. Had Jason let that opportunity pass him by, he would have regretted it forever. No matter how it turns out tomorrow, and no matter what Sam says out of her unimaginable pain and loss, it was crucial to the nurturing of their ROOTS as a couple that he be there during Sam’s darkest moments. She will never forget that he was present. No matter what.
I think it is part of the MAGIC that Steve and Kelly have not only created, but perfected, that Jason and Sam didn’t saw a single word to each other, and barely shared 10 seconds onscreen, and yet, so many of us were so deeply affected by what they did share! In those couple of screenshots, I read so much into what they were feeling: Love, Concern, Need, Fear of Losing Each Other, and again – LOVE. I know that there are still some hard to watch moments and several weeks of tough stuff that will try our patience and loyalty, but it was like a shot in the arm to be reminded by Sam and Jason themselves that they are deeply and totally in love! Thanks for the crumbs, Mr. Carlivati and Writing Team! I will take it!
You know, our love for Jason and Sam has served as the ROOTS of the wonderful relationships formed and nurtured here! It’s so important that we not turn our backs on the thing that brought us all together, and helped so many friendships BLOOM! Keep supporting our couple and their Love Story, even when things seem bleakest. Keep fighting to keep their Love Story going, because this chapter will finally give way to another – hopefully more blissful one. Just think of all the chapters we’ve already experienced together over the years! There have been some we hated along the way, but we must remember that we are working towards a Happily Ever After, and that rarely happens without conflict and angst along the way!
Hang In There – for JaSam and for GH!
Hopefully this will serve as inspiration: “It’s All Coming Back To Me Now” http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yV7qhyJuepw Credit: jasamlova1028
We can do this! Together, we can do just about anything!
Love you all,
Good morning, GHers!
I just want to start by telling you that I missed you all, too! ❤ Thanks for all the kind words and thoughts, and for all the encouragement about NC. You guys warm my heart (a NC saying, which I typed while saying it in my head with a Southern drawl) 🙂
Today was an emotional day all around. I am writing with a sad heart, and not just because of the heartbreak on GH. I found out today that I lost a dear, old friend last night. He was only 45. I spoke to him two days before he had the surgery that left him in a coma for the past two months, and I am so grateful that our conversation was about all of the good times, and that there was nothing left to say between us.
Take a moment today to tell those you love what they mean to you. Please.
While GH may still serve as a distraction, it surely was not an escape from the heartache or sadness. I wish I could send in a prescription for depression to the writing team. Every time I see the commercial for the antidepressant where it claims to help those who find that “Everything Hurts”…from birthday wishes to hellos, I think of GH. Everything hurts our PC residents, too. From honeymoons to long-awaited baby births. Jeez, our head writer needs some happy pills…STAT!
And even then, he is truly going to have to work to get everyone back who has chosen to tune out from the (MISSING) Love In The Afternoon until things lighten up. I will tell him this right now: “Sorry’s Not Gonna Fix This!” He’s going to have to work a little harder than that!
I would think I won’t be the only one making that statement, either.
- I get that Matt just had his own “I Remember” moment about killing Lisa, but his actions since were a bit self-centered. I don’t think Matt really stopped to think about how his going to prison would affect all those he love…and is now leaving behind. Namely his brother, who is still trying to find some solid ground, Emma, who has lost more than any child should, and of course, Maxie, who put her own self-centeredness aside in order to save his career, his contributions to society, and what’s left of his family, even though he certainly never proved himself worthy of all of her loyalties. I get why he did it, and I get the whole hippocratic oath thing, but when it comes down to hurting those who are going to try to make it through the next five years without him,“Sorry’s Not Gonna Fix This!”
- As for Maxie, I haven’t been this angry at her since she lost JaSam’s ring the second time. I get that she wanted to stand by her man, and all that jazz, but she obviously sees how much all of this is hurting Spinelli, and she keeps pouring salt in his wounds – liberally. Why Spin still thinks that Maxie is worthy of his love and devotion is beyond me, but I just hope that once Matt is gone, she doesn’t think she can just walk back into Maxie’s life and be his Number One again. I am crossing my fingers that Spin lets her know, in no uncertain terms, that “Sorry’s Not Gonna Fix This!”
- Perhaps we really can’t blame Maxie for being so clueless about having a good man and not appreciating him. She obviously inherited that character flaw from her mother, Felicia! I was a Mac and Felicia fan back in the 90’s! I watched them fall in love, I watched them get married in that surprise ceremony, I watched them raise Maxie and Georgie as a family. Then I watched Felicia break Mac’s heart over some weird attachment to Luke, and then I watched her get chance after chance, and I watched her blow chance after chance with Mac. She’s been gone all of these years, and yet Mac seems to have let all of what happened go, and he seems ready to give Felicia yet another chance to make things work! Oh, Mac! No wonder you got fired! You cannot even buy a clue! I was SO hoping that Felicia would realize what a mistake she’d made, and that Mac would look her square in the eye and tell her, “Sorry’s Not Gonna Fix This!”
- I guess Alexis should be happy that Mac is seemingly moving on and away from her, after all, that’s what she said she wanted. However, I don’t think Alexis is going to have a minute to be happy about anything, with all of those television cameras rolling, thanks to the spoiled ingrate she still calls a daughter. That Kristina is even dumber than she was before attending Yale for a whole semester! How could she sit and listen to everything Alexis said about Sam and her loss, and the fact that she is being manipulated in order to pull in ratings, and still not tell them to stop filming? We all know that this, too, shall come back to bite Kristina in the butt, but I’d be lying if I said I didn’t think she deserved it. I just hope that when she does get what’s coming to her, the family she cared less about than proving a point to her parents – during this tragedy, turns around and says to her,“Sorry’s Not Gonna Fix This!”
- Oh, Heather, Heather, Heather. I will give you this: you make it really easy to hate you! Not only is Heather crazy, she is a hateful, spiteful bitch with axes to grind all over the place, and possibly even all over people. Her hatred for Sam is completely disproportionate for what we know Sam “did”, or didn’t do that ultimately pissed Heather off, but if my little “theory” proves correct, it may be what Heather did many years ago that birthed the real cause for her seeking such cruel vengeance of Sam. I can only hope that when Jason finds out the whole truth behind what Heather has been up to, he sends her a message by putting a bullet between Heather’s eyes. I would think that if anyone would agree with me, on the fact that “Sorry’s Not Gonna Fix This!”, it would be Jason,
- Unfortunately for Jason, no one is going to learn any harder that “Sorry’s Not Gonna Fix This!” Fixing what is “broken” between them will require more that words this time, and for Jason, that may be something he isn’t used to. Over the course of their relationship, including their breakups and consequent reunions, Jason has pretty much gotten away with just using words, although he had more to prove when they got back together this last time in 2009. I must say that it might be a bit refreshing to finally see Jason having to do more than use his words, and have to actually work for his place in Sam’s life and heart. That’s not to say that I think everything that has happened over the past few months is all Jason’s fault, because I believe they have both made mistakes. But when it comes to how Jason handled Sam’s baby being Franco’s, he failed Sam and the baby. As difficult as it was to watch them both hurting over what has happened, I have to say that Jason had it coming. I know that Sam is lashing out and that she is angry, but the things she said in her anger were true. While Jason couldn’t get past the fact that Franco was “the dad”, Sam was doing all she could to keep it together for the baby growing inside of her, until she realized that she could love that baby no matter what! I loved that Sam asked Jason if he thought she hadn’t had her own doubts or questions, because she was the one who was raped, and the one who got pregnant! And I loved that she told Jason that all that mattered to her was that she was going to love that baby with all that she had! When Jason finally learns the truth about JJ being his, I believe his heart will expand about two sized when he realizes just how fiercely Sam protected and loved their son. More than that, I had been hoping for weeks that someone would end Jason’s pity party over Franco a long time ago! Watching Jason finally digest what Sam was saying was painful, but he needed that moment of clarity in order to understand where Sam’s pain and disbelief was coming from. How, or why even, would Sam suddenly believe that Jason really did come to want her baby, when all of the things he is saying to her now are after the fact – at least to her own ears? Sure, we all know that Jason truly was at that motel room door, saying all of those things to Sam, and that he wanted to take her and the baby home, but he said it when she wasn’t there to hear it. So while we all know about his good intentions; Sam doesn’t know. She only has his word, and when she took his failure to confess about what he did to McBain as a lie, (just as Karma will remind us Jason did when Sam failed to tell him about Robin, or Franco, or the paternity) and when you are as hurt and as devastated as Sam is for her baby boy, you don’t want to take the time to be rational or to think things through. I clearly remember Jason refusing to be rational or to think through Sam’s side of things when he found out the truth before she could tell it to him. Surely he will understand, no? You know, today’s scenes reminded me a bit of when Sam woke up after losing Lila, and Alexis came in and spilled to Sam that Sonny had signed for the baby’s stem cells to be harvested and given to Kristina while Sam was unconscious. When Sam saw Sonny after that, she accused him of not caring that their daughter had died, as long as Kristina got to live. They were tough scenes to watch as well, but just like this time, how could anyone not understand where Sam was coming from? It was her truth, as told to her by her pain and loss. What Jason said to Sam was absolutely and undeniably true. He was the one by her side after Lila died, and he was the one who had to tell her that awful truth. Of course Jason would never wish that on Sam again, even if Satan himself had fathered that baby. In time, that will finally ring true to Sam’s ears – and heart – again; but that time is not now. Jason needs to allow for Sam to grieve, and to process all of the feelings she’s experiencing right now, and he’s gotta do it with love and understanding; the way Sam has always done it for him. Jason said that he wouldn’t give up. Now he’s gotta prove it to Sam (and to us) that he meant every word. I took it as a good sign that Jason reached into his pocket and placed The Dragon within Sam’s view, as if to remind her of what they share, especially now that Sam is convinced that what they have is broken.I took it as an even more hopeful sign that Sam didn’t demand that he take it with him, or hurl it across the room at his head, as I might have done. Forgiveness has always been divine between Jason and Sam. I am hoping that is just one more of the constants between them.
For whatever reason, Mr. Carlivati enjoys stretching out the pain and suffering of his couples. We are going to have to hang in there for OUR couple if they are to survive the threat of GH’s cancellation. As for all of this contrived, ridiculous “angst” coming in the form of third parties, *yawn*.
Be sure to let TPTB know how impressed we all were with the outstanding scenes Kelly and Steve gave us, and how they tug at our heartstrings. And don’t forget to let them know how bored and uninterested you are in all of these contrived scenes that don’t make sense or seem to belong.
And for heaven’s sake, STOP reading spoilers and rumors!
Good morning, GHers!
I hope you all had a restful weekend, and for all of the moms – I hope you were spoiled rotten on our special day!
I actually got in a nap during GH today, as I found it to be a bit boring, but I did manage to catch up, and realized that for just about all the men in Port Charles, the story trying to be sold was A Tale Of Two Women.
For Todd it was a double whammy. First, he overheard the tortured confession of Kate Howard her attorney, stating that she thought Connie might have been the one to shoot out Anthony’s tires that night, in effect being the reason for Cole and Hope’s deaths. I must interject here and say that it would be rude of me not to mention once again what an outstanding job that Kelly Sullivan is doing with this storyline! I mean, wow! I am now entirely pulling for Kate here, because how could I not? The woman had no control over Connie’s actions, and Kate is so convincingly remorseful that I honestly feel for her! Somehow, Ms. Sullivan has even managed to get me to feel for Connie, who was only manifesting in order to “save” Kate from a fate known as death. Todd heard enough that he now knows there is A Tale Of Two Women, but he didn’t really know what, or who, the hell Kate was talking about, but I have a feeling that Carly is going to be all too happy to fill him in! Which bring me to the next Tale of Two Women surrounding Todd (because God forbid that an OLTL character not have more story than a GH character) Carly finally met the other former Mrs. Todd Manning, Téa Delgado. I may not be a huge fan of all the OLTLers taking up so much screen time without even giving the GH viewers a chance to warm up to them, but I will say this: Téa is one character GH could use more of. She is strong, independent, and smart as hell. I love that she immediately gee Carly a run for her money at bitchiness, and I love that Alexis will have another smart woman to spar with. Carly thinks she likes Blair more; I’d bet it had a little something to do with the fact that Téa told Carly exactly how things are, instead of pulling up a chair at the MC bar to toast crappy exes. Téa would much rather do something about a crappy ex, than just get drunk and commiserate over him. Wouldn’t it be interesting if Téa’s brother Tomas really does turn out to be the man formerly known as Lorenzo Alcazar, as rumors suggest? I don’t think she and Carly would be bonding as in-laws any time soon.
Also not bonding as possible future in-laws are Liv and the crazy-ass Heather in Steve Webber’s unfortunate Tale Of Two Women. Both women claim to love him, but one woman is dangerous to the health of any other woman around him, and always has been. Why Steve can’t seem to piece together that his mother’s arrival in his life almost completely coincided with Maggie’s mysterious confession and suicide is beyond me, especially when Olivia, who by her own admission is not really that familiar with mental illness, seems to have the whole thing under suspicion, if not figured out just yet. If nothing else, I would think Heather’s ill-timed suggestion for a “celebration” over a BLT would have set off an alarm bell for Steve…but apparently not. And to think that Steve was once a specialist in forensic medicine. Pffft…shouldn’t he at least investigate Maggie’s death?
Speaking of Heather, she is quickly becoming the other woman in A Tale Of Two Women in Luke’s life, besides Anna. You’ve gotta hand it to Robin Matheson, she can play SOAP crazy with the best of them! Her phone call to Luke was comical, if not indicative as to how seriously deranged Heather really is. I thought it was cute that Luke, who plays cat and mouse with the sinister Helena Cassadine and thinks nothing of it, immediately had his number changed just to keep Heather from being able to reach him. She freaks him out like no other loon can, and even Anna thinks that is hilarious! I must admit that I am liking the Luke and Anna bonding more than I thought I would. I thought that moment where Luke realized he was kinda mesmerized by her smile was sweet, and the shock Anna registered was equally so. Even nicer were the scenes where Anna and Luke were bonding with their grandchildren – something that might never have happened under Guza. I think I might like where this is going…
It appears that Ron Carlivati is trying to convince viewers that there is A Tale Of Two Women in Jason’s life. And while there may be two women crossing paths with him, it is quite obvious that there is only one woman in Jason’s heart. I think I may have said once (or twice) before that it never ceases to amaze me that so much of Jason’s “relationship” with Liz must involve a child. For years, it was Jake, and how he served as a connection for them. *sigh* This time, it was Emma, Robin’s daughter, who served as the thing that created something for them to seemingly connect over, though I am not sure the connection had anything to do with them, but Jason’s past relationship with Robin. Either way, Liz seemed more than thrilled to have a reason to talk to Jason, even though once again, even she could not deny the obvious: that Jason loves Sam. Jason was dangerously close to making this into A Tale Of Three Women, as he is (to quote Jason himself) “acting like a little bitch!” I don’t know if it’s Liz’s effect, but he has gotten so freakin’ whiny! Whaa, whaa, whaa! Sam wants to be closer to McBain. Whaa! Sam doesn’t need me! Whaa! I can’t stop think ing about Franco! Oh, please! Jason, get a freakin’ grip! I still swear that Jason is the one experiencing “sympathy” hormones for his wife, because he is a hot mess! He is so afraid of saying the wrong thing, or doing the wrong thing where Sam is concerned, that he doesn’t even know what to do anymore. To be fair, this is all fairly new to Jason. Sam has been the only woman he has ever fought to keep, as every other woman he has just watched walk away. And it’s been so long since he had to fight, I think he is a little rusty…or even a little chicken…or maybe a little of both. Maybe Jason really does believe that Sam wants to be with McBain because he fears that he is not being what she needs him to be right now. Maybe he does worry that Sam doesn’t need him anymore. The problem is that unless he overcomes the fear that he just may be right, he may lose her by default! One thing was crystal clear: for Jason, it’s A Tale Of One Woman. The minute he left Kelly’s, (right after Liz told him she would be thinking about him), it was clear to everyone that Jason was thinking about one woman. His wife, Samantha Morgan. So, without really stopping to think about it, he rushes over to the motel, just to wish her a “Happy Birthday”. He didn’t need to be reminded that it was Sam’s birthday, and he didn’t really know what else to say, but he needed her to know that he remembered. That was a step in the right direction.
From what I understand, it will be a long road before us JaSam fans are back to feeling the love we were feeling under Garin Wolf, or even Guza for that matter. Ron Carlivati has a sad, twisted idea of what we want to see onscreen. Other than reminding him every day via every available mode of communication, and logging out of our Nielsen boxes when we are getting something we don’t want to see, I am not sure there is anything else we can do but wait as patiently as possible.
However, I will tell you again, that losing by default is not an option! There will be no giving in, giving up, or giving them any thing without a fight!
It’s more important than ever that for TPTB, we don’t each become A Tale Of Two Women, where one minute we are #TeamJaSam, and the next minute we are jumping ship, and choosing one or the other. This is the time to be rock-solid supporters of our couple, even if we detest the way they are being written!
Let’s hang in there, JaSammers!
Love you all,
Call: GH Comment Lines: 818-460-7477, Press 1, then 2, then 3, then 464, GH LA: 323-671-4583
Snail Mail: Ron Carlivati, Headwriter / Frank Valentini, Executive Producer/Kelly Monaco/Steve Burton…(or any other actor)
c/o ABC-TV General Hospital, 4151 Prospect Avenue, Hollywood, CA 90027
Good morning, GHers!
Forgive me for being MIA on Wednesday. We had a friend in crisis, and that took me away from my computer, and from all of you. But know that I missed you all.
It was a long night followed by a long day, but when I returned, I found confirmation in the mail (though I’d been told over the phone a week or so ago) that I am now officially RETIRED, with full benefits (and about 25 years before I ever thought I would be). Now, I can explore the other passions God has given me, (maybe I’ll finally write a book!) without worrying about helping to provide for my family. I am overwhelmed at how blessed I feel right now!
I am telling all of you before I even post it on Facebook for a reason. Having my accident was devastating. The surgeries that followed were a nightmare. The constant battle to try to get to a place where I could go back to teaching, my life’s passion, was disappointing and depressing. Through it all, while friends and family were back at work, doing their thing, not even realizing that I was losing myself and any sense of purpose, YOU GUYS WERE THERE.
I would not have made it to this day of celebration without you. It’s not just something sweet I want to say to all of you. It’s not something that I think. It is absolutely something that I know, and am certain of. Hearing back from you guys in those first days of this blog made me feel “connected” to the outside world again. It gave me something to look forward to. A real feeling of purpose in two years. From that, the friendships that we formed, and the love that I have come to feel for so many of you is The. One. Thing. That. Saved. Me. You will never really understand just how deep and heartfelt that sentiment is, but that’s okay. I just had to say it, and I just had to celebrate with you guys.
Thanks for the years of well wishes, prayers, finger crossing, kind words, encouragement, understanding, and support. I love you all so much, and I thank God for you every single day. I mean that from the bottom of my heart.
Moving right along… 😉
That McBain is quite the sneaky cop, isn’t he? He’s got Sonny’s place bugged, and he’s getting more than he bargained for as Sonny pours his broken heart out to anyone who walks through the door. I was kinda hoping that Sonny would not dump that whole messy truth about finding Kate and Johnny in bed together (complete with sound effects) on Michael, bit who am I kidding. Sonny is nothing if not clueless about what’s appropriate to lay on your children. He’s been telling Michael way too much since he was about 5 years old! While Michael was lamenting the unfortunate end of his father’s birthday, John was reveling in the fact that Sonny was finally getting some of what he thinks Sonny deserves. In fact, it was John who said, “It Couldn’t Happen To A Nicer Guy.” I try to feel badly for Sonny here, but honestly, he went after Johnny in every way that hurt for a really long time, even after John showed some real kindness and restraint – especially concerning Sonny’s kids. Karma, apparently, is a blonde.
Carly and Connie have been simmering for weeks! It was only a matter of time before they totally forgot that they are supposed to be grown women, and more importantly – women, period. They went at each other like two guys brawling in a back alley. That was one crazy fight, and I shudder to think what it meant for business at the Metro Court when both of its owners are rolling around on the lobby floor, ripping each other’s hair out. Honestly, I couldn’t even pick a side. They both deserved an ass whooping – so “It Couldn’t Happen To Nicer Guys.”
Liz and Liv should really have left the sleuthing to the professionals. *yawn* It took them way too long to jump to conclusions, make assumptions, and basically waste each other’s and our time, only to end up calling the police anyway. Neither one of these two is someone I would want trying to save my ass if I was Steve, that’s for damn sure. And considering Liz’s track record, the same goes for Ewan. If Liz doesn’t get herself fired for breaking confidentiality laws by going through Ewan’s patient files, she and Liv may just get themselves killed for getting themselves stuck between A Psycho and A Double Crazy. Actually, now that I think of it,“It Couldn’t Happen To Nicer Girls.”
Johnny is on a collision course with disaster! No matter what he does, it seems to lead to trouble! Even when trying to be there for Starr, the young woman who just lost her family, he can’t help but say all the wrong things, or do all of the wrong things – like putting away his gun where desperation could reach it. *shakes head* John is dealing with a whole load of problems – from his decimated relationship with Carly, to trying to stay a step ahead of a murderous Sonny, to an illegal operation dealing with human organs. Add to that the fact that Starr has now gone after Sonny with Johnny’s gun, and John may as well turn himself in. I can think of a few people who might think “It Couldn’t Happen To A Nicer Guy.”
While some may have had a tough time with Jason and Sam having yet one more argument, I was actually okay with it. First and foremost, they were finally in the same space together. Second, and most importantly, they actually did more than just argue. Jason and Sam, though tough for us to watch, finally got some of the tough stuff said. Jason had to stop hiding behind his jealousy and had to face the cold, hard truth out loud that (they think) Sam is carrying Franco’s baby. Sure, it’s hard for Jason to hear, but guess what, dammit? It’s even harder for Sam to say to herself every single day! I was so proud of Sam for not apologizing anymore, not even for John McBain! She told Jason he couldn’t blame her for any of that, because he just kept showing up – and she had no control over any of it! *applause*
FINALLY! Sam has nothing to apologize for, and furthermore, she pointed out to Jason just how hypocritical he was being in that he was angry at Sam for talking to someone she barely knows, but he was talking to someone he has a history with. The look on Jason’s face when he heard it for himself was pretty damned satisfying. But, you know what was even more satisfying? Watching Sam point it out, and then hearing her move on to the fact that neither Liz nor John are the problem for her and Jason! *Shouting hallelujah!* I hope the haters lined up to have their butts handed to them, because for all of their talk about how insecure Sam is, I didn’t hear a shred of insecurity in her statement! Sam used Liz to make a point about how clueless Jason was about the double standards he was placing on Sam. That’s it. Sam was all about her and Jason and the issue they are facing – which is whether or not Jason can love the baby, and obviously he is struggling with the thought of it right now.
I give Jason (a smidgen) of credit for telling Sam that it’s not her fault, because even though she knows it, she needed to hear it from her husband. However, I really think Jason needs an (over)dose of reality. And his reality, as we already know, is that Jason “knows what his life is like without Sam, and he wants her in it.” I think we saw that in the shock that caused him to let Sam’s hands drop when she said she was moving out. Those scenes reminded me so much of their painful conversation after their second kiss on December 9, 2004, where Sam was leaving because she felt she had no choice, and Jason just didn’t know how to ask her to stay. Back then, it was the unknown that made Jason feel he had no right to fight for Sam, and I felt that same uncertainty in him today. Jason would never want to purposely hurt Sam, and he sees that it hurts her when he can’t make her any promises about the baby, as hard as that is to believe. Just like back then, he thinks the least selfish thing to do is to not ask her to stay through the uncertainty, and while I HATE it, I have been a fan long enough to understand how he could slip back to being that kind of emotional chicken. There were other reminders of that first time Sam left as well. His not knowing what to do when she came down with her bag, his trying to come up with a different solution, it was all so familiar to me. When Sam walked over and picked up the dragon, and told him she still believed that they were stronger together, I felt a lump immediately form in my throat. When Jason asked, “Why leave?”, my lips trembled, because I know what it cost for him to ask that, when he thinks he is doing the right thing for Sam. But when Sam answered she was leaving because she needed him to believe that, the tears came. Believing is the key, and unless he can do that, she knows there’s no use in staying. (Just like in ’04 *tears*) I have to admit that the little things that went into this scene really did strike a tender chord with me: The fact that Sam took the dragon with her, and not the phoenix, was beautiful and meaningful. It shows that she still believes in Jason’s ability to be the protection she told Jason the baby needed. That says so much to us about her love and her faith in him, even when he has no faith in himself.
My JaSam-Loving heart heard all of the unspoken stuff loud and clear. Like when Sam walked past him to take her suitcase, and Jason put his hand on the handle, fighting the need to wrestle her for it. (Anyone remember Jason taking Sam’s hand off the elevator button?) Back in 2004, Jason let Sam go, even though it tore his heart out, and even though it made us want to throw him down the elevator shaft. Jason let her go today, too. The best parallel I see in all of this is that it didn’t take Jason long at all to realize the mistake he’d made. Not then; not today. Jason was left to suffer silently as he cried and held only the tiny phoenix in his hand, and reminisced about the sweet moments where they exchanged the perfect gifts. Those memories made Jason realize that Sam was, in fact, the one to “turn bad luck into good.” The pain in his eyes made me terribly sad as he stared at Sam’s (lovely) picture. But I had to admit that “It Couldn’t Happen To A Nicer Guy.” This hurt is exactly what Jason needs right now to help him see what was right in front of him all along: Together, he and Sam, the phoenix and the dragon, bring double happiness.
Hang in there, beloved!
Call: GH Comment Lines: 818-460-7477, Press 1, then 2, then 3, then 464, GH LA: 323-671-4583
Snail Mail: Ron Carlivati, Headwriter / Frank Valentini, Executive Producer/Kelly Monaco/Steve Burton…(or any other actor)
c/o ABC-TV General Hospital, 4151 Prospect Avenue, Hollywood, CA 90027
I hope your day is off to a great start!
So The Avengers came to town, huh? Hey, anything that gives me the chance to lay my eyes on that adorable Cameron is just cool beans! But I will let you in on a little secret. I love the word, AVENGER. In fact, I love the meaning of the word AVENGER.
Merriam-Webster’s Dictionary defines it like this:
1: one who takes vengeance for or on behalf of
2: one who exacts satisfaction for (a wrong) by punishing the wrongdoer
I love the word so much that when I was little, I would dream of growing up to be an AVENGER. Not the kind in the comic book series, though I am sure they are exciting and awesome and everything a comic series should be. But the kind of AVENGER I wanted to be was different. I got bullied by our neighbors for the first few years of my life, and believe it or not, my chubba-wubba, tom-boy, rough n’ tumble little sister (I am not proud) would come out and do some crazy hulk thing, and chase all my tormentors away. At night, as I would lie in bed, my scrawny butt shaking for fear of what the next day would bring, I dreamed of growing up into a scary, strong, AVENGER with a death stare that would make all neighborhood bullies pee in their pants.
I got my wish, except for the strong part – the gym and I never really got along. 😉 Somewhere along the way, I realized that fear is in the eye of the beholder, and I never let anyone see fear in me again – unless it was their own. Even now, when my kids’ friends are in trouble, or being bullied by anyone, my kids come home to the AVENGER (NON)MANSION, and tell me all about it. I once cornered their school principal on the front lawn of the school, and ripped him a new one for teasing a student about his “skips”. I let him know in no uncertain terms that I would make sure he never made a child feel embarrassed again. When I noticed a commotion from the corner of my eye, I glanced towards the school to see the boy I was defending and his entire class standing on the benches in the hall, pasted against the plate glass windows, cheering and pumping their fists…and that was long before Jersey Shore. LOL.
It feels good to know that you are defending those who can’t do it for themselves; to be an AVENGER. Those of you who’ve been an avenger know what I am talking about, and I imagine many of you have been, just because I feel a connection with so many. I can hear it in your comments, and I can see it in your reactions to the story lines we’ve experienced together over the years we’ve been taking this journey via this vehicle. It makes me proud, and gives me hope for our soap, even when it looks like it does right now.
More on that later, though.
For now, let me just point out that THE AVENGERS weren’t only on the big screen in Port Charles. They were everywhere; avenging someone who needed avenging.
Awww, Spinelli! As undeserving as Maxie has been of his love and loyalty, he is still spending his every waking moment trying to be THE AVENGER who comes to her rescue, gets her cleared of all charges, and gives her her life back! You’ve gotta love Spinelli’s willingness to hang in there when all Maxie wants to do is hang herself, and Matt is at the movies with Liz’s son. Spin is already the superhero to me!
Dante and Olivia obviously need to learn that “crazy bitch” doesn’t just mean that someone is acting like one of their crazy Falconeri Clan. In Heather’s case, “crazy bitch” means she’ll rip your world apart, and you’ll be lucky to find yourself still standing when she’s done, a la Jeff Webber, Diana Taylor, Edward Quartermaine, and lest we forget, Luke Spencer. Why Dante and Olivia are having that big, old, all-important conversation about Steve’s secrets within her earshot is beyond me, but I know one thing: Heather will be preparing to take on the role of THE AVENGER. Whom she will be avenging, or against who she will be seeking her vengeance, remains to be seen. But don’t take your eyes off her, or you may miss it.
It’s too bad these two Falconeris are embroiled in Steve Webber’s case, because there is one crazy Falconeri who could really use their help. Connie. Or is it Kate? Or Konnie? Frankly, I am having trouble keeping track, but the one thing I will tell you is that the only thing even keeping my eyes on that screen for this hot MESS of a JESS/TESS/BESS retelling is the fact that Kelly Sullivan has found a way to make me feel, if not sorry, for Kate, at least empathetic towards Connie for doing anything and everything she could to protect the refined, yet wimpy, Kate from becoming a victim of Sonny’s love again. I get why Connie needed to be THE AVENGER for Kate, I really do! Not that I agree with this newest sex scandal to hit Port Charles, but I get why Connie felt so desperate to sever all ties between Kate and Sonny permanently. She didn’t trust Kate to get it done. I give Ms. Sullivan props for being able to switch so much more seamlessly from when this story began between crass, cold-blooded, Connie, to the terrified, repentant Kate, in an instant. It’s pretty cool to watch – if not the story, at least her portrayal of both personalities.
I really HATE the fact that Johnny crossed the line he himself had drawn in the sand, and went against his very instincts. All that to take on the role of THE AVENGER, only to feel good about it for less time than it took to undress. Here, too, I totally get why John would need to avenge his
sister’s-I mean mother’s – death, and even the hell Sonny gave her; I do. I just wish that we didn’t have to deal with one more time where a woman is victimized sexually only in an attempt to feed storyline. Why am I saying that she was victimized sexually when Connie nearly raped John herself? Because all you needed to do was take one look at John’s face when he had to break the news to the hysterical Kate that they had slept together, to know that John himself saw her as a victim. And if he sees her as the victim, it’s only natural that he (and thousands of others) will see him as the…
It makes me wonder if Frank Valentini didn’t tweet that Brandon Barash wasn’t going anywhere because he knew that in a few days, there may be those who cannot separate character from actor, who are demanding he be fired. (We’ve all seen that before) I really do hate how this went down, and it left a knot in the pit of my stomach that John, who really is a decent person, would have any part of this.
In contrast, I really LOVE that Carly was the collateral damage in this train wreck, only because for years, we have watched everyone else be the collateral damage of her own train wrecks, while she walks away unscathed. It did not surprise me one little bit that Carly made her way over to Sonny’s to play THE AVENGER for…herself. She is such a selfish bitch – it didn’t even occur to her to give Sonny some time to mourn getting another year older AND finding his girlfriend in bed with his worst enemy all on the same night. It makes me wish Sonny would roll Carly around on the floor towards the blazing fire that’s eating up his memories of Kate. Maybe her hairspray would catch on fire! 😉
Allow me to preface my next paragraph with this one true statement: I DETEST THE WAY JASAM’S STORY HAS BEEN WRITTEN SINCE THE LAST TIME THEY WERE AT THEIR CABIN, BONDING OVER THEIR THEN BABY BUMP. I think the writers gave up a golden opportunity to actually write a phenomenal, original – and therefore unrivaled, Baby storyline here. I honestly think that had they written this Baby Morgan without all the same, played-out Who’s The Daddy crap all over again, viewers might have fallen in love with the idea of a husband and a wife sharing the love, the natural and spontaneous issues that come with every pregnancy, the roller-coasters of hormones and emotions, and the magic that comes from this once-in-a-lifetime experience. More than that, having Jason and Sam actually enjoy this pregnancy without all of this darkness surrounding it, would have been the one thing soaps fail to do 99% of the time, and would have made GH the trailblazer once again! *smdh* I cannot even remember the last time I enjoyed a soap baby’s arrival with the only cliffhanger being whether it would be a boy or a girl. What a missed opportunity!
That being said, I have to admit that I saw something in Wednesday’s scenes and heard something in the dialogue that gave me a rare moment of pause. I had to share it with you, and see what you all think. It occurred to me that maybe, just maybe, in his own, dark, twisted way, Ron Carlivati wrote himself as THE AVENGER in this story. Hear (read) me out before you think I am the crazy one here. When I think of all the times Jason and Liz have spoken over the past couple of years, I felt that there was always a play on words that would pacify one fanbase while infuriating another. While I still don’t think both fanbases were thrilled about Jason confiding in Liz, I did see a marked difference in these scenes. Liz wasn’t making references to their “connection”, or trying to tell Jason something covert without saying the words. Mostly, she was listening and telling him the only thing she could tell him, which was to talk to his wife, because OBVIOUSLY Jason is heartbroken and completely falling apart at the very thought that Sam is confiding in another man. Yes, you read that correctly. Jason, the one who should hang a freakin’ shingle outside his door identifying himself as a women’s therapist as he counsels every past lover he’s ever had, is upset because his wife is talking to A man. Singular. As I watched Jason coming apart as though he were the hormonal, pregnant one, and jumping to all kinds of conclusions about Sam not wanting him at her appt. with Kelly Lee, I realized that our Stone Cold – or shall I say this time – IRON MAN Jason Morgan, is terrified that he is losing his wife! Of course Liz had to lock down her whoremones! Even she could see that Jason is about a day away from crying like a girl over the thought of Sam turning to someone else to be her Captain America and save the world! I mean, go back and watch the scenes. Take note of how many times Jason, who deals in black and white, is stumbling blindly into gray areas of “What Ifs” regarding his fears about what Sam’s connection to John might really be. “She wasn’t alone. She was with him.” “If I hadn’t shown up at GH for that checkup, Sam might have had McBain beside her for the DNA test.” And my personal favorite, “Sam and I should be talking about this together, working it out together, but she’s confiding in McBain, and that’s the problem.” Fear is a funny thing – it makes Jason suddenly want to be a talker, when just earlier that day, he was telling Sam “talking wouldn’t change anything.” And perhaps Jason forgets that until a couple of weeks ago, he was morphing into The Hulk every time anyone said or did anything to him that he couldn’t control. Maybe Sam just needed to let it all out without a fear of killing him or turning him into some creature with bulging veins! Jason couldn’t even see that he is upset at Sam for turning to someone for a listening ear, when he stormed off onto the roof and did the exact, same thing – with yet another one of his past lovers. If I wasn’t sure that he would survive because of his super-longevity like Thor, I might push him off the roof myself, Big Baby! Perhaps Mr. Carlivati is avenging all of the times that Sam had to wait around, and walk away, and leave the room, while Jason “was there” for Carly or Robin or Courtney or Liz or Brenda. Perhaps the only way to do that was to give Jason a taste of his own nasty ass medicine!
It doesn’t mean he – or we – will like it, but who really likes medicine? Besides, if it’s being forced down our throats, there’s not much we can do, except make a whole lotta noise about how AWFUL it is, the way our kids do!
I also think that the writers are so intent on avenging Sam’s heartaches and hurts over the years, that they have also cast McBain to serve as THE AVENGER onscreen, a.k.a. Plot Point. Listening carefully to the dialogue of this story that sometimes makes me want to beg for mercy, I hear John McPain saying all of the things that, try as we might, we cannot ignore or deny. When Sam told John that Jason was furious that she opened up to him at the church, John answered, “Good, next time he won’t leave you there, crying.” For a minute, I thought I was in church, and cried, “Amen!” as if he had just preached gospel! We can’t shut off the truth in the fact that Jason has failed Sam here. This nightmare isn’t her fault. Franco is not on her. Being raped was not her choice. But loving Jason has always been her choice, and putting him first has always been her choice. So, if Jason has to be brought down by fear and insecurities in order to make him see just how piss poor he has filled the role of husband during this latest test, so be it. If Jason feels that he has to fight like hell for his wife, or lose her to someone who’s listening to, supporting and understanding her, then avenge away, McPain In My Butt!
I just want to remind us all of something. In the past, there have been many times we have wished for Sam to have her own Carly to turn to, just so that Jason could get a feel for it. There were times where we ranted at the TV, angry that Jason lent an ear, or a shoulder, or the regrettably pink room, to one of his former concubines, while Sam was left to learn to live with it. The shoe is finally on the other foot, and class is in session for Jason! If we can enjoy NOTHING ELSE about Funeral Hospital these days, let THAT be it: The fact that Jason will finally have to be the one on the outside looking in. I hope that time on the outside chills him right down to his balls, and that he is paralyzed with fear at the thought of losing THE. BEST. THING. THAT. HAS. EVER. HAPPENED. TO. HIM.
I still believe that even the our new fearless (of losing viewers) leaders know that the love story Jason and Sam share is so much of THE BEAUTY OF GH. Jason and Sam will triumph. They may tinkle and toy with them, but they’re not stupid.
Why risk having to face the wrath of all of us? THE AVENGERS OF TRUE LOVE!
Don’t wait to let them know exactly how this storyline, and all of the other tragedies happening in Port Charles make you feel! Let them know that you are fighting to keep GH alive, but there’s nothing we can do if they are intent on killing the very heart of the show!
SO, AVENGERS ASSEMBLE! And let them know we are #TeamJaSam!
“And there came a day, a day unlike any other, when Earth’s mightiest (SOAP) heroes were united against a common threat – CANCELLATION! On that day The Avengers were born — to fight foes no single hero could withstand!”
I believe in you, guys! And I can’t wait to bask with you all in the glow of being THE AVENGERS!
Good morning GHers!
My kids are on Spring Break this week, so I cannot promise to post every day, but I will try my best to post when I can. It’s just that when they are home, I I truly try to take advantage of every minute I have with them. That means no catching up on lost sleep during the day. So once lights are out, I attempt to close my eyes and at least get some rest, if not sleep, so that I am not a complete zombie the next day.
Thanks in advance for understanding!
I have a confession to make.
The more I watch GH lately, the more I am starting to feel as though I am suffering through a plethora of mental disorders. Perhaps part of it is that I wouldn’t mind a private session with Dr. Keenan, but whatever it is, I am getting worried.
You see, lately, I’ve found myself struggling with what feels like:
- D.I.D. After one episode, I am thrilled that the new headwriter and EP seem dead serious about saving GH. I see snippets of hope , and I read their interviews and think, “Awww…They are fighting for GH as hard as we are.” Those are what we will call my Kate moments. Then the next episode plays out, and I am morphing into someone I have tried to leave behind, like Connie. I am cursing at the screen, nearly ripping my own hair out, angry that I allowed myself to get sucked into believing in that new team again, because obviously, they are going to shoot me right through the heart with the mess they are making of MY GH. So, I consider ways to end the relationship before I can take a bullet for them again, but then the ME still in love with my beloved soap resurfaces, and I am trying desperately to work things out with them. It seems to be a vicious cycle.
- Paranoid Schizophrenia The warning signs are there. I have moments where I want to withdraw, and not even discuss GH. Other times I think the new team is out to get me, or at least everyone I care about in Port Charles. And I find that I seem to have lost my ability to express joy or to cry while watching these days. The reality in PC is so different from the one I used to know, that I feel completely disconnected from that reality. I mean Franco – Jason’s twin, born minutes after Jason, then cleaned up, and sold to a nurse, who then took him home – while she was on duty? Where did she hide him? Her lunch bag? And Heather Webber being in the delivery room when Susan gave birth? The writers must be trying to make me think I’m crazy! What other reason could there be for their gross misrepresentation of facts?
- O.C.D. The more the facts and incredible history of GH are distorted onscreen, the more obsessed I become about investigating them, even if only to prove to myself that I haven’t completely lost my mind – or my memory! From Heather Webber’s whereabouts at the time of Susan Moore’s delivery, to recognizing that something was wrong with a newborn by the “look in his eyes”, the stuff coming out of people’s mouths as of late is utter B.S., and enough to drive anyone to become obsessed with the details!
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder I think I have taken this one on for Sam, as she seems to have forgotten that she was (supposedly) raped on her honeymoon. Unless she has blocked it out – along with the possibility that she could have contracted an STD, or the very serious possibility that whatever drug Franco gave her in order to rape her, as she lay unconscious, and while Jason watched, may have some serious effects on her fetus. Her brain must have blocked all that out, as we have seen no proof of a prenatal visit, and even though the baby has not kicked (that we’ve heard of), apparently, the only thing that would scare or worry Sam or Jason would be that Franco could still be the father. *wrings hands in utter desperation* Meanwhile, I am the one experiencing adverse reactions whenever I think of what happened in Hawaii, and whenever I am faced with the disgusting reality that the writers are treating Sam’s concern about Franco still possibly being the one to have fathered her baby as something she is “keeping from her husband.” Uuuuummmmm! Sam is the victim here, not Jason. What Sam decides to share (as rape victims need to exercise their power to choose – from the crucial to the mundane, in order to start to heal) with Jason about that horrifying event, after she processes it and deals with it as she sees fit –is entirely up to her! I am so $&#@-ing offended at the very idea of Jason being upset by Sam not telling him something that affects her (the victim) most of all! Have we learned NOTHING from decades of poorly-written rape story lines on all soaps? *flashbacks* If we must continue to do them , can we finally work hard to get it right, and send the right message to victims? *deep breaths* A rape victim owes nothing to no one – except herself (or himself), dammit! This should offend EVERYONE!
- Depression I cannot remember the last time I felt happy or joyful about GH. In fact, sometimes I feel downright *whispers* UNINTERESTED in turning it on. Who could blame me? IN THE PAST COUPLE OF MONTHS ALONE, there have been three deaths, countless mental breakdowns, beloved characters acting totally UNCHARACTERISTICALLY, and enough tears to end a drought! Romance, right along with chivalry, is dead. Love has been replaced by anger, and trust has been destroyed by the best of intentions. *sighs* The one “happy couple” still together hasn’t had happiness lasting more than a brief moment in MONTHS, even though they finally got married and are expecting their first baby. Everyone is Port Charles is fighting, making threats, and turning on each other! Who’d want to live there, much less visit daily – even for an hour? My God! Even Olivia, who not that long ago pulled a gun on Sonny for threatening Johnny, is now asking Sonny to do whatever it takes to “wipe that smug look off Johnny’s face.” WHAT THE HECK is going on here? *pulls covers over head*
- Anxiety/Panic Attacks I can’t help it, but any time Jason or Samantha Morgan are onscreen, my heart starts racing, my palms get sweaty, and I have a terrible feeling of dread and/or fear that they will suddenly start behaving like people we’ve never met, much less known and adored for eight years! Just a glimpse of that new promo is enough to make my heart wanna pound its way right out of my chest! GH should be my escape, not the reason I want to escape the room where it’s on!
Yes, I need a doctor! Unfortunately, it seems there is no one at General Hospital who can help me, as I don’t trust anyone to be who they say they are anymore.
And they wonder why ratings are on life support?
Our soap needs a life-saving intervention in order to survive. Make sure you INTERVENE by phone, email, snail mail, and any other measures you have at your disposal.
Lives depend on it!
Call: GH Comment Lines: 818-460-7477, Press 1, then 2, then 3, then 464, GH LA: 323-671-4583
Snail Mail: Ron Carlivati, Headwriter / Frank Valentini, Executive Producer
c/o ABC-TV General Hospital, 4151 Prospect Avenue, Hollywood, CA 90027
History Class, that is, GHers!
Professor Wolf has certainly made it clear that History is his thing.
Were you in attendance today? Were you listening, taking notes?
It seems plenty of people were. I smiled today as I read tweets from people who were hearing about a history that they didn’t watch, and it was cool to read that many things were clicking for them because of the history lessons we got on Wednesday’s epi.
That’s great! When you understand where our characters have been, you can better understand where they are headed…and why.
Take the Spencers and Cassadines. For so many viewers, “The Spencer/Cassadine War” has been like listening to a not-so-urban legend. We’ve heard Lucky and Nikolas refer to it, we’ve heard Luke go on and on incessantly about it, and we’ve watched as Helena hurls invective at any Spencer, regardless of sex, age, or religion. Yet, did any of the viewers who started watching after the Mikkos and Luke and Laura era, or the Stefan and Stavros era really know what the heck everyone was talking about? Well, if you made it to Mr. Wolf’s history class today, you got just about as much history as one can take in within 40 minutes of airtime. I really have to give Mr. Wolf high marks for not only sharing the history of the Spencers and Cassadines, but for using that history in the very best context. Nothing was really randomly thrown at us. Every tidbit Helena, Nikolas, or even Lulu shared was relevant to what they were talking about, and really helped people understand why Nikolas and Lucky’s relationship as brothers is so important. They are inherently meant to be enemies. They were raised to hate the other side, to see them as natural enemies. Yet, as fate would have it, Lulu became gravely ill, and her only hope was the brother she didn’t know she had. Her Cassadine brother. I love that all of GH’s viewers got a chance to hear that. Even my kids asked me about it. It was just something I never thought about telling them. There didn’t seem to be a point. Yet now it seems that if you are missing a piece of the Spencer-Cassadine puzzle, you may not be able to keep up with what’s coming! How exciting! I truly hope this means there will be more Cassadines coming soon, starting with my favorite one – the Dark Prince. To me, the Cassadines will always be less than complete without Tyler Christopher. No other Nikolas will do, just as no other Cassadine will do. He and Lucky will always be this generation’s hope for the next chapter in the Spencer-Cassadine War. You know, I always hoped that Aiden really was Nikolas’ son, and that we would find out that Jake was really Lucky’s. Then we would have the same dynamic Laura was faced with, only more exciting, because both Nik and Lucky had always been part of Liz’s life. But, oh well…I’m sure they’ll find a way to keep the history going between these two families.
Wow. Just wow on how Wolf snuck in the history that surrounds the former GH Chief of Staff, Steve Webber. There are viewers who really believed that Steve came back to Port Charles only to be another man for his half-sister, Liz to lean on. The truth is that the character of Steven Lars Webber is a character with a huge history, and connections to one of the first families of Port Charles. Unlike Liz and Sarah, who were conceived by Jeff Webber and his wife (Steve’s stepmother) offscreen, and sent as teenagers to live with their grandmother Audrey back in 1997, Steve’s character was conceived, born, and onscreen for the first few years of his life. His mother is Heather Webber – yes the loon who wanted to marry and then kill Edward, and then thought herself Laura Spencer, and tried to marry Luke. His grandfather, Steve Hardy was a central character at the actual hospital, and I was amazed at how well the context of Steve about to get lucky with Olivia worked as a springing board for that part of the history lesson! Great job!
May I just interject here that not only is history being revisited and honored, but history’s also being made. We have had two couples making love on back-to-back days! For a second, I thought I was watching The Young and The Restless or The Bold and The Beautiful! I am impressed!
You know, there was one piece of history that didn’t seem to make sense to me today. However, rather than believe that Professor Wolf got it wrong, I choose to believe (until he proves me wrong) that what he was doing was actually continuing the history of a character. You see, Liz really cannot seem to keep her retelling of her history straight. Not her short-term history, and definitely not her long-term history. I think that is a completely accurate sharing of history when it comes to this character. Liz may be known as many things, but I would challenge anyone who tries to tell me that honesty is one of them! In fact, I’d go as far as saying that dishonesty is her natural inclination. When Liz and Siobhan were arguing on the roof, I had to ask myself if even Liz believes herself! I mean did Liz even hear herself when she was talking to Siobhan about expecting Lucky to be so easily led astray? Where was all of this unwavering faith in Lucky since that summer when he first turned to drugs? She didn’t have it then, and she never really had it since. That’s the reason she was able to fall onto Nik’s floor – because she just never saw Lucky the same way after that. She lost her faith in Lucky and never got it back – until he no longer wanted her. And another thing. When Liz said she was now “standing on her own two feet”, did she completely forget that she just went to Jason’s penthouse and fell into his arms, and stepped on Sam’s toes because she was “having a bad day” after facing some hard truths? To me, it didn’t matter that the truths came from Siobhan. Any truth is hard for Liz to hear. Always has been. After that retelling of history she gave Siobhan, Liz was off to reoffend – in the Worst. Way. Possible. Now, you all know that I don’t just make accusations about Liz on anything. I have real, concrete reasons for not being able to stand her, and I will always share those reasons with you and urge you to see and hear with your own eyes and ears. To quote Warner Wolf, “Let’s go to the videotape!”
March 24, 2008: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBYhmplpUQA (Love that Jason repeats verbatim what Sam said about him “not being much of a son” to Monica) Pay attention to the end of the clip, where they play the preview!
And… March 25, 2008: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajNM30wzs68 (Talk about being told what to think, say, do!)
Now, let’s deconstruct Liz’s web of lies to Monica, one by deceptive one:
- Liz said, “I wish you had the chance to get to know Jake.” What a lie! In fact Jason – a.k.a. Stone Cold – said to Liz,“I want to help her. I want her to have hope. I kinda find myself wishing that I could tell her that Jake is her grandson!” (This was immediately after Jason had confronted his mother about the fact that she had run Sam down with her car because she was drunk. Monica countered that he couldn’t blame her for being a drunk, as she had lost everyone she cared about! She was all alone!) The thought of Jason having to walk around wishing that he could tell his mother about his son, and then watching Liz smack down that wish is just one of the reasons I detest the character of Liz Webber. What a heartless, selfish bitch! She chose to tell whomever she wanted, whenever she wanted, but Jason couldn’t tell his mother? When she needed it most? Ugh. Well, listen, the truth is if I had known my dear friend Steph, I would have grabbed the frying pan from her and slammed it into the good side of Jason’s head, because only a wuss would let that mouse tell him who he was able to tell about his son, but regardless – Liz is the one still lying about it.
- Liz immediately followed that lie up with, “Jason and I just thought that Jake would be safer…” Clearly, the clips above prove that is not true. It’s an outright lie! Liz convinced Jason that Jake would be safer over and over again! Oh my word! How she was able to get those lies past her lying mouth is beyond me!
- And the worst is what she said last. Monica said that Jason doesn’t really understand the power of family connections, but Liz does, and she should have told her. To that Liz said, “I just didn’t feel like it was my place!” WWWWHHHHHAAAAAATTTT? Clearly, you can see that Liz thought it was only her place to tell Jason that he shouldn’t tell Monica! How dare Liz make it sound, even for a second, that Monica not knowing her grandson was solely on Jason?
Now do you understand why I think that this wasn’t just a mistake on GW’s part? I really have to believe that he is writing to show us Liz’s history…as a liar with very selective memory, and a flair for rewriting how things actually happened. I choose to believe that showing just how far gone Liz is when it comes to being able to even recognize truth is important to her character’s current situation, and any growth she can expect in the future.
That doesn’t mean that I didn’t make my voice heard by calling and emailing GH to let them know that the history of Jake’s Paternity Secret is very clear and fresh in my mind. I told them I am trusting them to use Liz’s inability to tell the truth to tell an even greater story, but in no way am I okay with a rewritten history when it comes to Liz’s role in keeping Monica from knowing her grandchild, especially when the new headwriter is doing such a great job of sharing GH’s rich history with its viewers. (Always find a way to be positive!)
I am hoping that all of you are giving your thoughts a voice over at GH! This is the time.
Remember those # (hashtags)!
And remember to thank TPTB for showing us just how much Jason and Sam have grown in their relationship! They are truly what a SUPERCOUPLE is made of!
GENERAL HOSPITAL CONTACT INFO:
GH Los Angeles: 323-671-4583
GH New York: 212-456-7777
Twitter: @GeneralHospital, @KellyMonaco1, @1SteveBurton
Facebook: General Hospital Feedback
Snail Mail: Garin Wolf, Headwriter, General Hospital, c/o ABC-TV 4151 Prospect Avenue Hollywood, California 90027
(You can also use that address and General Hospital heading for any actor/actress, or for your favorite writer.)
Let’s see what today brings…I’m keeping my fingers crossed for my couple’s turn at the Love Fest!
Sometimes I am so shallow…I know! But JaSam have no shortage of depth, so it’s okay once in a while!