NO STRANGER TO…
Happy Hump Day, GHers!
Was I not just saying how GH seems to have dual personalities? Tuesday must have been the day for the “Kate”-like one. 😉
Have you noticed how the writers seem to be dealing with quite the quandary? You see, there are all these “new” people running all over town, and while many of them are strangers to us, the writers have written them into story lines that need us to feel connected to them. What to do? I find it hard sometimes. And on days when they are the only people on my screen, I find it doubly hard.
Yet, for my love of GH, I shall prevail. *sigh*
Some of these people may be strangers to us, and some aren’t, but they are NO STRANGER TO:
- BEING A BITCH. Hating on Carly is exhausting. it’s not that I’m trying to – in fact, I thought, “I’ll just ignore her”, but there’s just no way. She is just a hateful, miserable bitch these days, and spends all of her time trying to find ways to make other people miserable. I couldn’t find something to love about Carly right now if I tried! I hate that John McBain even entertained the idea of asking Carly for help, because the last thing I want to hear right now is how much Sonny or Jason owe her. Ugh. She needs to go home, pack up Joss, swing by Michael’s and pick him up, and take a long road trip to go visit Morgan. I just need a break from her and the feelings she evokes in me these days. besides, does she even remember that she has three kids???
- TROUBLE. Sonny doesn’t even have to go looking for it most of the time (though he sometimes does). All he has to do is walk into (or out of) a room, and there it is: TROUBLE. Case in point? He walked into Kate’s office, and there was McBain, waiting to pounce like the stealthy detective he is. Sonny didn’t even have to look. Then, he walks into the hospital looking for Kate, whom Carly believes is with her new “man”, and comes face to face with Connie, who wants to see him broken and abandoned. Again, he wasn’t looking for TROUBLE, but he surely did find it. Perhaps Sonny should consider staying home more often. With the doors locked. 😉
- REALLY STRANGE BEDFELLOWS. Oh, John, John, John. It’s not enough that John is sleeping with Carly. Or that he’s almost sleeping with Sonny’s girlfriend(s). Or even that he’s being pseudo-blackmailed by the woman he was once sleeping with exclusively. Now John is going to add to that list be having a police detective in his debt. If these women were all to find out about each other at once, they might all become suspects…in John’s murder.
- PLAYING THE SAINT. Hating Carly may be exhausting, but hating Liz isn’t even worth the effort anymore. I just really wish the writers would stop writing her as this madonna of light and fertility, because I’m not buying it! I cannot stand to watch her float around the room, dispensing what we are supposed to believe is some all-knowing wisdom, when her life was, and is, a hot mess! So she has taken a break from chasing after unavailable men while she plays wife to this unavailable man. Big deal! That doesn’t mean she has changed at all, regardless of what she told Anna amidst the tears and whining! I mean – where the hell are Cam and Aiden? Liz said everything reminded her of Jake – the bar, the house, the daycare. But what will it take to remind her about his brothers? Why isn’t it bothering her that she is wasting precious time with them? It really, really bugs me.
- THE MENTALLY UNSTABLE. Since Dr. Keenan’s arrival in Port Charles, he’s been dealing with one mental case after another. From Liz, to Cassandra, to Maxie, to Kate & Connie. If he sticks around long enough after “dating” Liz, he may get to know all the ones who remain strangers. *crosses fingers* I am hoping against hope that Dr. Keenan stays around for a long time. I have never really understood how Port Charles could possibly exist without a resident psychiatrist! I mean – he would always have work! There would always be story! 😉
- HEARTBREAK. Robin and Patrick have seen there share of hardships and heartache. I had hoped they’d seen their last one, actually. Watching Patrick suffer through Robin’s loss was hard enough, but now having to watch Robin cry out for Patrick and her family is heartbreak at its worst! I cannot even begin to imagine who is behind Robin’s fake death and consequent kidnapping, but I hope they are keeping her HIV meds on schedule! 😦 While I am thrilled that Robin is known to be alive, I hope we won’t have to watch her begging for her family the whole time. I don’t think I’ll be able to take it – at least without medication. Truly, this storyline has been hard to watch.
- ANGST. No one seems to be immune to it in Port Charles. In fact, I am starting to think we have all been strangers to happiness for far too long! We need some good times! Some laughter and lightheartedness! Some romance and love! I am hoping that none of you are a stranger to the GH Comment Line, because obviously they need a little push in the right direction when it comes to what we want to see more – and less, of!
I have faith in you…You guys are NO STRANGER TO SUPPORTING OUR SOAP, AND OUR COUPLE!
That is why I love you!