“That Would Be Cool”…
Note: All (Fabulous) caps are credited to (the awesome) gh-caps.net!
Hmmm…it is getting harder and harder to multitask while watching General Hospital these days, GHers, and THAT is a good thing! It wasn’t long ago that I wouldn’t have thought twice about cooking up a storm during GH, as long as I could “keep an ear out for anything good.”
Yet, over the past few days, I can barely spread the strawberry preserves on my toast before I am hurrying back to my spot in front of my TV.
So much seems to be changing in our favorite harbortown, and I for one, am excited! If we keep heading in this direction, I have a feeling ratings will be looking up in no time…and “That Would Be Cool!”
I could think of lots of things that would be pretty cool…for instance:
- Wouldn’t it be great if Lulu experienced that life lesson that every co-dependent must experience in order to be “cured”? When I watch Lulu, I experience a bit of anxiety. She is so hard-headed about things sometimes, and watching her discuss terms with that creep Javier makes me wish that a few hard knocks of real life would knock some sense into her! Lulu needs to go back to her charmed life where she has the love and support of her brothers, her boyfriend, her extended family, and her friends. And what ever happened to all fo the remorse Lulu felt after Jake’s death for the way she treated Liz? Perhaps if Lulu were spending less time trying to help the person responsible for Jake’s death and a little more time helping the people who have to live with the loss -namely her brother and former sister-in-law, she might actually feel as though her life has a greater purpose than dressing up and playing whorehouse. That Would Be Cool.
- Speaking of which, both of Lulu’s brothers could use some support at the moment. Lucky, who has thankfully remained sober through all he’s been through lately, had the sense to talk to an attorney about his paternity issues. And, finally! Something that makes sense! The attorney advised Lucky that while Liz, the nurse who secretly submitted the DNA samples, may have new paternity results she’s using to turn both men’s lives upside down, those paternity results mean about as much as the fact that Liz is “sorry for lying” once again. (In other words, it doesn’t mean much) Nikolas has two paternity tests in his possession, from two separate labs! I was thrilled that the whole thing sounded legally plausible! After leaving Liz to wring her hands and fret, Lucky finally caught up with Nikolas over at Wyndemere, and what he found is the dark side of Nikolas we all find so appealing. Nikolas was brooding and flirting with that edge he tries so hard to avoid as a Cassadine, and while he refused to even entertain the notion that Aiden might not be his biologically, Lucky seemed to see that Nik was holding on desperately to denial. I absolutely loved the scenes between Jonathan and Tyler. They totally convinced me that Lucky and Nik were each trying to stay within the safe boundaries of that recently repaired relationship they both fought so hard to rebuild. Each one was fighting for his son, but in the end, there is only one son, and two fathers. More importantly, there are two brothers. While one of them has to lose something, I’m hoping they realize that they don’t have to lose each other again. That Would Be Cool.
- Too often, children grow up to find that they become the parent, and parents become the children. This happens because of illness or diminished capacity, and when that happens, I have the utmost respect for those who do it with love and patience, like some of my dearest friends have. However, when we have all watched a child consistently have to parent his parents, such as Michael has, it makes me wish there was a boot camp somewhere for out of control parents, such as Carly and Sonny, and even step-parents, such as Jax. Where did Carly get the inkling that it would be a good idea to have yet another fight about how little she trusts Jax in front of her son, Michael, especially while he’s in the process of making serious life decisions? How could she possibly give Michael advice when she is blasting Jax for being a manipulator and for trying to steal her daughter from her, when just months ago, she was trying to sell Michael on the idea of Jax adopting Morgan? Carly, please! And where does Jax get off trying to explain to Michael that he’s only doing what’s best for Joss, when he created her with Carly, fully knowing that she was still married to the mob, regardless of what her divorce papers say? I wish Carly and Jax would get a parenting clue, and soon – before Morgan and Joss could be further harmed. That Would Be Cool!
- I guess the most interesting turn of events on Tuesday’s episode was finding Sam standing in Liz’s living room. For a moment, I thought, this just can’t be good. It seems I was wrong. I believe the writers were doing a couple of things with these scenes. First, I think it was really quite telling that Liz didn’t call Jason, even in the midst of her manic episode. That told me that even Liz realizes that Jason is with Sam; that she is his rock. I think it also showed that perhaps Liz really did hear Jason the other day. Helping her came at too high a cost for all of them. He no longer sees it as his place to be her knight in shining armor. Second, I think that the writers were trying to help everyone deal with what may be an inconvenient truth for some, but a truth nonetheless. Liz admitted today that Jason and Sam are right for each other. They fit. They work. They are together. They belong that way. Perhaps the writers were hoping that if Liz, the character, can finally face it, then perhaps others will, too. Sam and Liz had a totally nice moment between two adult women who have learned from past mistakes, and are trying to treat each other with some compassion and decency. Perhaps it will inspire some of the fans to do the same. That Would Be Cool!
- Finally, Sam went home to do exactly what Liz wanted her to do…tell Jason about her latest debacle. That bothered some. It didn’t bother me, and I will tell you why. Sam was totally clear on the fact that Liz wanted her to break it Jason. She wasn’t being blindly manipulated, even if Liz thought so. Furthermore, in the conversation Sam and Jason had, his concern was for Sam at every turn. When Sam said Liz was upset, Jason told Sam he was sorry, and that it must have been tough. When he heard about Liz wanting Jason to have Jake’s stuff, he reacted with unsentimental honesty. He said he thought Liz should have Jake’s things. And why not? Liz had Jake his whole life. How would a few “things” change the tragedy of that reality for Jason? Jason was only interested in Sam, and Sam’s reaction to her experience with Liz. Nothing else. Go back and rewatch if you missed it the first time. Seeing that Jason was really all about Sam? Trust me. That Would Be Cool!
More than that, Jason was interested in why Sam even bothered with him after all the damage they did to one another, and why she didn’t just write him off. I loved that! After all this time since they found their way back to each other, Jason still wonders how he got so freakin’ lucky! He is, after all, with Ms. Perfect! (Well, except for her cooking!) Tell me those two aren’t just the cutest, most believable supercouple ever! That was JaSam Magic at it’s absolute best!
I have to admit that I really liked that Sam wanted to know how Jason felt about the news that she was having a pregnancy test done, because she has a right to know. Even more, I loved that she let him know, in no uncertain terms, that she wanted the unedited truth. Nothing more and nothing less. No time like the present to remind Jason that truth and honesty was the one thing they lost along the way to losing each other.
More than anything, I loved Jason’s answer. It wasn’t over the top, because that would not have made sense. It wasn’t evasive, because that would have made our friend, Steph go looking for the frying pan!
I think it was just Perfect…like Sam.
It told me that he allowed himself a ray of hope, a glimmer of excitement, about something he seemed so unsure about before. That’s a huge step in the right direction, and if Sam hadn’t done it, I would have kissed him myself.
Hmmm…now “That Would Be Cool!”
Here’s to what lies ahead…and taking the journey together!