I’m Whipping Up A Pink Cloud Of My Own!
Today, our dear friend Luke was kickin’ rocks because his “first born” has “whipped up a pink cloud around Elizabeth.”
Translation: He just can’t see what’s wrong with her!
Well, GH ers, just call me Pinky, ‘cuz I’m whipping up a pink cloud of my own around my beloved soap! I just can’t seem to see anything wrong with it these days, and if there is I don’t want to see it! I am decidedly positive about General Hospital!
Just today, there was so MUCH to love! Can I tell you what I loved?
1) Tracy, Ethan & Luke First of all, can I tell you just how much I love that Tony Geary and Jane Elliot have been around for as long as I can remember and they are STILL relevant, and funny and totally good storymakers! Secondly, Jane Elliot looks more fabulous than she has in years! Between wardrobe and hair, they’ve made her look 20 years younger and it’s to be applauded! I also loved the interaction between the three of them…how Ethan sounds like Luke when referring to Lucky makes me smile.
2) 21st Century Role Reversal Hey, women get used for sex all the time on soaps. Is it so wrong that I totally love that Nikolas is the one being used for a booty call every now and then? Liz is certainly not my favorite character, but I like that Nikolas is all needy and emotional while Liz is zipping up her pants and being all detached. I almost wished she threw a couple of bucks on the couch and said, “Get yourself something new and sexy to wear for next time.” Just like a real PLAYER would, because let’s face it, Liz is A PLAYER! I only hope poor Nadine is watching! 😉
3) BROTHERS Every time I see the preview for the movie, I think of Nik and Lucky instead of Toby and Jake. The “brothers” s/l has been done over and over on soaps, but I think the fact that these three characters have been so embedded in each other’s lives for so long gives this s/l an advantage over all the others. Looking back on YT, there are so many times that Liz and Nik have been there for each other…as friends, as in-laws, and now as bedfellows (although I don’t think they’ve ever made it to a bed). They’ve been there for each other in good times, in bad times, in grief, and in celebration. Now they’re there for each other in their times of NEED. It makes for must-see TV no matter what side of the fence you’re on!
4) Rebecca’s Revenge While I was happy to see that Liz hasn’t totally forgotten the other “brothers” in her life when she was reading to them, I was even happier to see Rebecca stop by with the threat of telling an adult themed non-fiction bedtime story to the offspring of the “Holier Than Thou” Saint Elizabeth. Truly, I laughed out loud at my favorite line of the day: “Is that a fun book, Cam? Well, I know a story too! It’s about a castle named Wyndemere, and a prince named Nikolas, and a wicked witch named ??? Why don’t you tell it Mommy? Why don’t you tell the boys what the prince and his sister-in-law did in the turret room earlier tonight?” Oh, Rebecca, I love you as a BITCH! The look on Liz’s face was PRICELESS! The only thing that could’ve made that scene better for me was if Carly, Sam and Jason were there to hear it! The pedestal continues to creak and sway…it’s only a matter or time, peeps!
5) Carly’s Baby Blues As a mother of a 17 year old, I can tell you that no matter how difficult or moody or self-centered they get, they will always be your baby! Poor Carly! Her baby, Michael, is certainly giving her a case of the blues! The kid is determined to get himself arrested! I absolutely LOVE the way Laura Wright plays that mommy role! She’s so incredibly believable as a frustrated, emotionally drained, vulnerable and at-wits’-end mom of a teenager! That scene of her on the rocking chair just looking “whooped” could’ve been any one of us any day of the week! I’m so happy Cassie became Carly! GL’s loss was definitely GH’s gain!
6) Heart to Heart Anyone remember the late 70’s/early 80’s show Hart to Hart? It was about a good-looking husband/wife detective team who solved exciting cases together with the occasional help of their butler, cook and driver, Max. They managed to solve the crime, get the bad guys and play with their dog, Freeway, while being sweet, funny and romantic at the same time. Well if you added SUPER SEXY AND HOT AS HELL to the description, you’d get Jason and Sam. Ay Mi Madre! They are one SPICY couple and all they shared today was one little kiss! I love how they work together, how they depend on and trust each other, and how they sizzle when in close proximity. Is there a hotter couple anywhere? I’m not taking anything away from Robert Wagner or Stephanie Powers, but Steve Burton and Kelly Monaco are just gorgeous and gorgeous together! I say we get them a little mutt named Parkway, teach Spinelli how to cook and rename the detective agency! Anyone with me? 😉
I am looking forward to what comes next with bated breath and anticipation…”Til then I’ll continue to float on my little pink cloud!
Tell me what you loved…I need something to do while floating! 🙂
P.S. For those of you who’ve encouraged me to write more often and more “stuff”, I’ve written my first Fan Fic over at my FAVE JaSam site, http://dominoesandtequila.com. You’ll find it under the Fan Fic thread. It’s titled “The Redemption of Sam McCall.”
PLEASE let me know what you think!